Question for those who went with Jolly Pirates

joyride

We just decided to grab a cab to take us directly there. I can't remember the cost, but it was not pricey. My DH wanted to buy some Rum and my girlfriend and I wanted to stop at Harley Davidson. So, on the way back our cab driver stopped at a grocery store and Rod bought a really cool looking bottle of 35 year old aged rum (we haven't tried it yet) and also stopped at the Harley store for us. We gave him an extra $5 for doing this. He was a really nice guy.

We just decided to grab a cab to take us directly there. I can't remember the cost, but it was not pricey.
Oranjestad to High Rise Resorts (Jolly Pirates departs between the Marriott Surf Club and Holiday Inn) is $10 each way, $3 more on Sundays/holidays. http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html That is per taxi NOT per person. Taxis will take up to 5 people total.

Being it's cheaper to take the bus. I am wondering about the time frame.

Jolly Pirates e-mailed me stating it takes 15 minutes by cab.

The ship arrives at port at 8am and we have to be at MooMba by 9am. Don't know if we have the time to take the bus.....:confused:

Maybe we should consider taking a cab there and return by bus.

After the tour, I am wondering if there's a beach right there that we can stop off and spend some time? Will the hotels frawn upon us being there being we are not guests?

After the tour, I am wondering if there's a beach right there that we can stop off and spend some time? Will the hotels frawn upon us being there being we are not guests?
You may stay right there at Moomba after disembarking from Jolly Pirates. See http://moombabeach.com/component/ and scroll down the page to "beach services".

Beaches in Aruba are all public, however the hotels do not allow non-guests to use their amenities such as lounge chairs and shade palapas. :p Now that I typed that someone is going to say that they camped out at the Hyatt or Radisson for the day and had a palapa and chaise for free and jumped in and out of the pool. Very well maybe, but this is very rare indeed, if ever happens. Lucky you if it did. :D

You may stay right there at Moomba after disembarking from Jolly Pirates. See http://moombabeach.com/component/ and scroll down the page to "beach services".

Beaches in Aruba are all public, however the hotels do not allow non-guests to use their amenities such as lounge chairs and shade palapas. :p Now that I typed that someone is going to say that they camped out at the Hyatt or Radisson for the day and had a palapa and chaise for free and jumped in and out of the pool. Very well maybe, but this is very rare indeed, if ever happens. Lucky you if it did. :D

Thanks Lisa,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Beach chairs and float rentals are available for only $3.00 each per day.

While searching, I came across a coupon

One Free Lounge Chair for the Day

http://www.nightspublications.com/aruba/coupons/07_Moomba.pdf

Again, Thanks for all your help.

Chris

Has anyone done Jolly Pirates' shorter trip in the afternoon (3-6)? The website says that they go to the same three snorkeling sites, but do they have to rush to hit all three? Our ship doesn't arrive until noon, so the longer trip is out of consideration. Just wondering if the shorter trip is worth it. Thanks!

Has anyone done Jolly Pirates' shorter trip in the afternoon (3-6)? The website says that they go to the same three snorkeling sites, but do they have to rush to hit all three? Our ship doesn't arrive until noon, so the longer trip is out of consideration. Just wondering if the shorter trip is worth it. Thanks!
The 3 sites are close together and not far from where the JP departs MooMba, so you will have plenty of time for enjoying your snorkeling and making the most of the afternoon.

:D :D Besides, you don't have to stop to take the time to eat lunch and then wait the hour to digest before your Mom will allow you to go swimming again. ;) :D :D

Thanks ArubaLisa!

You listened to your Mom?????:D

Absolutely did! :D Grew up at the Jersey shore! Behaving insured getting back in the ocean after 60 minutes and one second...or at least as long as it took to walk or ride our bikes from the house back to the beach. ;) The life guards were not timing our digestive systems. :D

Archived