Princess Customer Service

UBinfwa

:D For your response as to while they might not have been satisfied because of the 45 minutes each way. I don't remember it taking that long. Anyway to all that have this booked it is a great excursion worth transit time IMO. Happy Cruising to all.:D

:D For your response as to while they might not have been satisfied because of the 45 minutes each way. I don't remember it taking that long. Anyway to all that have this booked it is a great excursion worth transit time IMO. Happy Cruising to all.:D

Seastew

Hi Folks,

Seems to be a big difference in level of service between the UK Princess customer service folk and US ones,

Having only delt with UK ones I find I get a quick letter saying got your letter will reply in detail within a few weeks, e-mails and phone calls get replied to that day, also conent of letters have been very polite useful, while may not have answered every point I raised have been happy with reply.

yours Shogun

How many people do the UK Princess reps have to handle? Just curious as to the comparison to the US. I am suspecting that the US reps have to handle alot more volume than the UK does. Just my opinion.

From the OP's post they sailed just last week. So it will take time to get a reply.

PTC

This thread is not a "review of the excursion." But when someone says the excursion was "misrepresented" people would like to know what they are responding to. And maybe if it was the tour operator's fault, maybe someone here could help direct the OP in the right direction. So, basically, you need ALL of the facts before you can give an answer or the answer you give could be very incorrect.

You might want to read the original post. He asked two questions:

"Does one ever get a response ?"

"Does anyone have the name of the PRESIDENT of Princess Cruises & how to get in touch with him ?"

The problem with the excursion is irrelevant to answering those questions.

"Does anyone have the name of the PRESIDENT of Princess Cruises & how to get in touch with him ?"

Whatever - you tend to be argumentative and I'm not going to dignify you with an argument.

Try to have a nice day. Oh, and I did read the original post . . . and as another poster said "No one requested a review of the excursion ....folks want to know what happen on the excursion that the OP felt the need to contact Princess. There's a big difference...so the post is very on topic." What difference does it make to you if some of us are curious about what happened on the excursion -- the importance of that is the fact that some of us have actually reserved the SAME excursion for our upcoming cruises and if there is a serious issue then maybe, just maybe, we would rethink our choice.

Ok, so I did continue, but again, whatever. We all have a right to ask questions and you are not the "thread police." So, really, try to have a nice day.

Many threads start with one question and diverge into other topics, some related, some not at all. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

If the hosts find the responses inappropriate, they will remove them. I don't know why you feel it's your place to censor the responses to the thread. If the OP doesn't care to answer the questions, rest assured, he won't.

Many threads start with one question and diverge into other topics, some related, some not at all. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

If the hosts find the responses inappropriate, they will remove them. I don't know why you feel it's your place to censor the responses to the thread. If the OP doesn't care to answer the questions, rest assured, he won't.

I really should have qualified my response. Host Carolyne removed one of my comments on another thread because she said it was off the topic. I was posting in response to her doing the exact same thing. But of course if you are the host, you can do that ;)

If Princess is like most companies of any size, the CEO's mail is screened and forwarded to underlings to address. In other words, he will never see it. I think the customer relations or claims departments are the best way to send in a complaint, for better or worse (I suspect that if you sent a letter to the CEO, it would wind up in one of these departments, anyway). If you don't get a sufficient response, the only real option is to vote with your feet and try a competitor next time.

Believe me, if you send a letter to the CEO and an "underling" opens it and doesnt resolve the issue, and then the CEO gets a phone call with a valid complaint that was blown off, someone will be in deep trouble -- that the problem will get resolved. Letters to company CEOs definitely carry more weight.

Believe me, if you send a letter to the CEO and an "underling" opens it and doesnt resolve the issue, and then the CEO gets a phone call with a valid complaint that was blown off, someone will be in deep trouble -- that the problem will get resolved. Letters to company CEOs definitely carry more weight.

If the CEO's assistant is opening his mail, most likely the assistant is screening his calls too. I would doubt if the head honcho is taking calls from passengers.

BTW if Host Caroline isn't concerned about posts here, maybe you shouldn't be either. IMO, it seems very on-topic here.

Sorry the OP did not come back and explain...but I found this other post by Lefty that might shed a little light. Was disappointed that it took 45 minutes each way to get to the dock, and I suspect OP felt that was a wasted 1.5 hours out of a 4.5 hour excursion. Transfer is described online as a "brief safari bus ride".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9166743&postcount=2

The traffic in St Thomas can be a bear although from town to Crown Bay probably isn't as bad as that nasty one foot an inch crawl back to Havensight when lots of ships ar ein. Perhaps traffic was part of the problem... one reason I never do anything tehre involving taxis and ferries... just stuff that leaves from the dock... usually sailing. And from Crown Bay that is even more of an issue getting to the dock the tour op uses so perhaps they will address that.

^^^NOTE: If the OP doesn't come back and explain what the issue was I'm going to close this thread bec. it's all completely speculation.^^^^

I disagree. If you have already tried to resolve the issue on board and through customer service, it's time to let the CEO know what is going on.

Do you seriously think the CEO of Princess will EVER actually read the complaint? NOT A CHANCE! every corporation has minions who deal with these issues and occationally will even send a letter with the CEO's form signature on it but if you think he actually read the complaint himself you would be incorrect.

CEO's don't get paid 6 and 7 figure salaries to deal with $5 or even $2000 issues...

I filed a complaint while on the ship and the tour desk mgr. never got back to me as promised.

I faxed a complaint letter to Princess CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Does one ever get a response ?

We also had an issue with an excursion.... it took several days for the tour desk to respond and only after we went down there a couple of times. We ended up with a partial refund, but we were disappointed that it took so long to get back to us.

You will probably get a response from Princess, but it can take a few weeks. Although I was not happy with the responses that we got to our multiple letters - they WERE all responded to within about 4 weeks from sending.

Archived