Princess Customer Service

UBinfwa

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess last week and had a great time except for a mis-represented excursion in St. Thomas [Catamaran sail to St. John's].

I filed a complaint while on the ship and the tour desk mgr. never got back to me as promised.

I faxed a complaint letter to Princess CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Does one ever get a response ?

Does anyone have the name of the PRESIDENT of Princess Cruises & how to get in touch with him ?

I don't appreciate being blown off!

Thanks........

Lefty:mad:

It often takes 4-6 weeks to get a response from Princess.

BTW - if you send it to the President, it often goes back to Passenger Relations to respond. If it hasn't been 4-6 weeks since you sent the letter, I would wait a little more time and then follow up after a 6 week time period.

Coral is correct, you're likely only going to wind up with a "we are looking into your compaint message" since problems like this should be taken care of on board. Hopefully you will get a response, but I think it's fair warning that the process might not be fulfilling one for you.

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess last week and had a great time except for a mis-represented excursion in St. Thomas [Catamaran sail to St. John's].

I filed a complaint while on the ship and the tour desk mgr. never got back to me as promised.

Does anyone have the name of the PRESIDENT of Princess Cruises & how to get in touch with him ?

Thanks........

The president is Mr. Alan Buckelew, and his address is the corporate hq address on the Princess website. I sent a letter to him and after a week and a half with no response, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. He might tell is customer service reps to take care of issues more quickly if he keeps getting BBB complaints.

I was on this excursion in nov and we had a blast - the captain (which we all named captain ron ..from the movie) was great - we went to honeymoon beach off the coast of st john -

Now we also have done Trunk Bay on our own and that is what we will be doing in May - I love trunk bay, especially when there is only two ships in port.

Lefty,

Sorry you had a bad experience.I would too like to know what was misrepresented or what went wrong.

My husband and I did this same excursion if you are talking about the half day champange catamaran sail to St. John. We really enjoyed it back in August of 2005. I actually thought it was the best excursion I have ever been on. The crew, drinks and snorkeling were all excellent. We are doing this again in March when we sail on CB for second time. Please let us all know. Thanks.

Seastew

Your best bet in a situation like this is to have your TA talk to their District Sales Rep. That way you have a real person speaking to a real person with whom they have an ongoing relationship. At least you will be pretty sure of getting a response, even if it is just "sorry about that!"

Your best bet in a situation like this is to have your TA talk to their District Sales Rep. That way you have a real person speaking to a real person with whom they have an ongoing relationship. At least you will be pretty sure of getting a response, even if it is just "sorry about that!"

I disagree. If you have already tried to resolve the issue on board and through customer service, it's time to let the CEO know what is going on.

Thanks........

I too am curious to know what the problem was and if this was the full-day or 1/2 day deal. I have the full-day reserved for June. Thanks for your input.

I know so many people who have done this tour and loved it (both full and half day).. almost as popular as America's Cup... so I would really really like to know what your issue was???? Otherwise we are left to wonder if it's just that you "didn't like it" which unfortunately happens to all of us at some time or another cruise or non-cruise related when our expectations don't match a product.

Sorry the OP did not come back and explain...but I found this other post by Lefty that might shed a little light. Was disappointed that it took 45 minutes each way to get to the dock, and I suspect OP felt that was a wasted 1.5 hours out of a 4.5 hour excursion. Transfer is described online as a "brief safari bus ride".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9166743&postcount=2

Shouldnt we be staying on topic? The topic of the thread is customer service and how to get in touch with the Prince Cruises President. A review of the excursion is more appropriate under a thread by another title.

This thread is not a "review of the excursion." But when someone says the excursion was "misrepresented" people would like to know what they are responding to. And maybe if it was the tour operator's fault, maybe someone here could help direct the OP in the right direction. So, basically, you need ALL of the facts before you can give an answer or the answer you give could be very incorrect.

Hi Folks,

Seems to be a big difference in level of service between the UK Princess customer service folk and US ones,

Having only delt with UK ones I find I get a quick letter saying got your letter will reply in detail within a few weeks, e-mails and phone calls get replied to that day, also conent of letters have been very polite useful, while may not have answered every point I raised have been happy with reply.

yours Shogun

Shouldnt we be staying on topic? The topic of the thread is customer service and how to get in touch with the Prince Cruises President. A review of the excursion is more appropriate under a thread by another title.

Who died and made you a HOST:cool:

No one requested a review of the excursion ....folks want to know what happen on the excursion that the OP felt the need to contact Princess. There's a big difference...so the post is very on topic:rolleyes:

Host Laura.....if you see my post here.......I could not stop my fingers from replying:eek:

:D For your response as to while they might not have been satisfied because of the 45 minutes each way. I don't remember it taking that long. Anyway to all that have this booked it is a great excursion worth transit time IMO. Happy Cruising to all.:D

:D For your response as to while they might not have been satisfied because of the 45 minutes each way. I don't remember it taking that long. Anyway to all that have this booked it is a great excursion worth transit time IMO. Happy Cruising to all.:D

Archived