Hotel in LB w/Parking for cruise?

I35

When we cruised the Pride earlier this year, we stayed at the Best Western which does have parking & a shuttle. Not in the nicest area, but we did not feel unsafe and it was just overnight. We did not have our child with us though... and didn't walk at night. The staff was nice and the hotel decent. Not top notch, but we were going for price at that point.

The closest one to the pier is the Coast Hotel. They get good reviews. However, their rates have jumped dramatically over the last year or so for their park & sail package. I think it is up to about $230 for the package which does include 2 breakfasts.

For our holiday cruise at the end of this year - We ended up with a better deal by booking the hotel with Priceline and we will be paying to park at the port. Winning bid was $58 ( I bid on a 3* and ended up getting a 4* at the Hyatt Regency) No breakfast is included, but we are ok with that and we are situated in a good area of Long Beach.

We stayed at the Doubletree in Long Beach before our Hawaii cruise and left the car there for 15 days. The hotel is beautiful (recently remodeled) and breakfast was included (along with a bottle of champagne at check in). Service was great. The hotel is on the marina and you can watch yachts come and go. It's great.

I HIGHLY recommend it to cruisers who need a place to park their car while they cruise.

I have used the GuestHouse Inn International before for a Park & Cruise. Stay one night, and you can leave your car parked there for the week. They have a free shuttle to the port, and one back, if you can stand waiting. A taxi back to the hotel is faster.

Last time I paid $75. I think I'm paying $85 this time. It's still cheaper than the parking garage. It's like getting a free stay at a hotel.

We are booked again this May to stay at this hotel, and take advantage of the Park & Cruise deal.

This Hotel is a best western style hotel with outside corridors... but the pool area is extremely nice (my opinion). The pool is what we look forward to.

The hotel is close to shopping and malls... and is next to a golf course and the Long Beach State University. Bottom line, safe part of town.

Archived