Please... I need to vent about Princess Air

makeup face

Okay......after I posted a reply to someone Princess Air issue....stating I did not have a problem with Princess Air...the itinerary Princess booked for me was just fine. Well I went to the Delta web site to change my seat on my return flights... because after I checked Seat Guru http://www.seatguru.com/ ......I found out I did not have a window on the seat I had selected. It was then I noticed my flight numbers had changed....airplane type had changed...and my seat number had changed.....I was arriving back to LAX a half a- hour earlier. I thought cool:cool: THEN......I looked a little closer and to my horror..... the flight from SJU to ATL was arriving 1 minute after my connecting flight ATL to LAX was schedule to depart.

YES....YES....Yes....I'm supposed to jump out of the SJU to ATL flight as it's landing .......run down the tarmac... with three piece of luggage in tow....stick my thumb out and hope the ATL to LAX pilot sees me out there and is able to stop before wheels up and let's me board:eek:

Anyway......I call Princess last night but the Princess Air folks were all gone...but the CS lady was very helpful ......in between her laughing. She checked out as much as she could. She told me Princess have all four flights still on their system....the original and the revised. She told me to call back in the morning when Princess Air was open.....and gave me information to tell them. I did find out the Princess Air people don't speak directly to the customer......go figure:mad:

The first CS rep I spoke this morning to was TOTALLY useless......she asked me had I talked with my TA. I said my TA is my sister and "YES I had spoken to her"!!! She then told me that my TA would have to call. I said WHY wasn't I told this yesterday.

She was sorry....I said thank you and hung up the phone. I was mad.....real mad:mad: Called my sister...left a message. THEN.......I remember what a lot of you guys always say......call Princess back and talk to someone else.......I love ya'll.

The next CS tried to help....she was on hold with the air people...forever.....but she'd check on me from time to time while waiting. She came back to tell me the air people saw where there were four flights in my PNS and that nothing was final yet and that and air people would get it straight out. I call my sister and ask her to call tonight when she gets home and really see what's really going on

You know I'll be in Princess' face until this mess is straighten out. Even though I'm not leaving for 63 days....I need to have my stuff together ASAP....I don't like waiting 'til the last minute......I've been waiting a year for this cruise:rolleyes:

YES....YES....Yes....I'm supposed to jump out of the SJU to ATL flight as it's landing .......run down the tarmac... with three piece of luggage in tow....stick my thumb out and hope the ATL to LAX pilot sees me out there and is able to stop before wheels up and let's me board:eek:

Hope they sort this out as I would hate to see the headlines here otherwise:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Once they do sort it out I would check it often to make sure it doesn't change without you being notified and don't see it in time to get it right again!!!!

I experienced the same problem you did with my husband's and my Delta flilghts. I called Delta and got it taken care of. This is the 3rd time the Delta computer system has screwed up our flights and seats. Princess really cant do much even though they booked the flights. Call Delta yourself. You should be in their system.

Keep checking back, the Delta Agent told me their computers do this every so often. It takes an agent at Delta to fix it.

I haven't used Princess Air, but like others I've had this problem directly with the airlines, including on my upcoming cruise.

I was booked to leave at 5:00am from Tucson to Houston on Continental. Looks like someone goofed, as the flight time changed to 5:55am. Then someone noticed and changed the flight time back to 5:05am (probably the corrected time that should have been used).

But . . . the computer tried to be smart and wanted to 'help' me leave near 5:55am, so it booked me into the 6:15am flight. Originally I was like, ok, then I realized that I had no backup flights, make that one or miss the cruise.

Continental fixed it after a call of course.

While We usually use the Cruise Line Sea/Air package, this year We elected to book on our own. We are sailing from San Juan to Acapulco on the Island Princess on 13 Nov 2007. Princess wants $849.00 per person (That's $1,698 per couple). We are flying AA Boston to San Juan for $150.50 ($301.00 per couple) and Acapulco to Boston via Dallas for $342.00 $684.00 per couple). the total air cost is $985.00 or a savings of $713.00. We would not recommend booking flights on your own unless you plan to fly the day before the cruise and come home at lest a day after the cruise ends.

Not only can you save money to be used on your cruise, you controll the flight and seating arrangements.

Richard & Nancy Tremblay

UPDATE:)

First......thanks for listening to me and for the suggestion:) I was getting ready to call Delta.......pulled up my flight itinerary:eek:......my flight from SJU to ATL had changed....again. I won't have to run down the tarmac:D

And I'm leaving SJU two hours earlier then before at 12:52pm instead of 2:45pm. I have a two hour lay over in Atlanta....but that's okay...I want to check out the Bare Escentuals Boutique at T Concourse, Gate 5!!

Anyway......I'll be checkin' my flight itinarary every week until I receive my ticket. Okay....I'm happy again;)

Makeup Face, if it makes you feel any better, the same thing has happened to me when booking directly with a major air carrier. Sometimes they shuffle people around and the computers don't realize that someone can't go somewhere before they actually get there from somewhere else.

Archived