How many use a water proof case?

readytolose

How many people actually use a case with a lanyard to keep their Sea Pass?

If you don't use one, how do you carry your card around with you? What do you do when you are swimming.

Basically I just want to know if it is worth it to purchase one, or won't it be necessary.

Thanks

I use a lanyard on the ship, and a waterwallet when we go snorkeling. The Sea Pass is just like a credit card and is waterproof, but I have my waterwallet for my $$, and laminated copy of my passport, so I put the Sea Pass in there with them and my credit card.

I purchased two of the water proof cases/boxes offered here at CC.

Neither one worked. The lid was designed to clamp down on the box, and a rubber o-ring was used as a seal. IMHO>>>The design was not the problem, it was the cheap construction and materials used that caused the failure.

I wound up putting the items in a zip-loc baggie, and then into the box. Too much trouble -- ended up throwing them both away.

I wouldn't go on vacation without several. I even use mine just walking around the ship if I don't have pockets. For shore excursions they are great. I put my sea pass, a credit card and money in mine. Even if it leaks nothing is harmed. Wet money spends just as well as dry. I tuck it into my top so it doesn't float around when swimming.

Our SeaPasses, photo ID, one credit card and some money and we are good to go onshore. We find the lanyard style very convenient to access when we are leaving or returning to the ship. Unfortunately the cases are not good for more than two cruises (the hinge pin rusts out); so we buy new ones. Before we started using the cases, I wouldn't go in the water the same time as my DH but now we can both go in and enjoy the fun together. Only low value things are left on the beach: towels, shoes, few pieces of clothing and an older camera which I put in a carrybag which I tie to the leg of the beach chair.

im a first time cruiser comming up in april, but im a pretty savvy planner/shopper

i found these cheap little cruise lanyard travel pouches

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruise-ID-Lanyard-Pouch-Travel-Document-Set_W0QQitemZ280084151927QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ordered a couple yesterday.

Archived