Ship leaving early?

Suede

Has a ship ever left a port earlier than scheduled? I'm not talking about home port, I know if you are on a private excursion and you get back late that the ship will sail with out you, that I understand, but has a ship ever left passengers, because for some reason of other they had to leave this port and the passengers was left stranded?

We are wanting to do some shopping and go to a beach in Freeport and Nassau, on our own. We have been on 3 cruises and I have never thought about this, until now. Am I worrying to much?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening.

Has a ship ever left a port earlier than scheduled? I'm not talking about home port, I know if you are on a private excursion and you get back late that the ship will sail with out you, that I understand, but has a ship ever left passengers, because for some reason of other they had to leave this port and the passengers was left stranded?

We are wanting to do some shopping and go to a beach in Freeport and Nassau, on our own. We have been on 3 cruises and I have never thought about this, until now. Am I worrying to much?

No, they wont leave early, I have heard of ship tendering and later docking, which was a shock to some of the passengers. But as long you get back to the dock 45 min before sail time you shouldnt have a thing to worry about.

Has a ship ever left a port earlier than scheduled?...

Yes, if they already have everyone on board, they leave. I've seen it a few times. Don't think that's what you meant though.

I have seen them leave a bit early due to weather. The Captain himself came down to the dock and supervised. He was upset that they were only using one gangway. Security was then jumping to get every in line on the ship asap. The second gangway was opened right away and the ship was casting off right on the button even as people were running down the dock.

We were in Hawaii (Maui) on Legend of the Seas in 1995 docked at Niliwhilli and we went on an excursion returning to Lahaina where we would be bussed back to the other side of Maui. They announced to stay in Lahaina because the ship had broken it's lines and would be coming over to Lahaina. People on Haleakala saw the cruise ship coming and freaked that it was leaving. It came into the harbor and we were tendered out to it.

We were on the Conquest last week and we left Grand Cayman 15 minutes early. Apparently everyone had boarded the ship, so there was no reason to wait to leave. The RC Mariner of the Seas left right behind us and followed us all the way to Cozumel. :) The Carnival Victory was also in GC the day we docked. Made for pretty pictures, three ships in a row. :D

Has a ship ever left a port earlier than scheduled?

Heck ya, we left Cabo a few hours eariler last Sept due to a Freakin Hurricane creeping up our way. Everyone was notified before leaving the ship.

Fred

Archived