Wait List

junobeach

I am on a wait list for a corner aft cabin. Has anyone been successful in getting such a cabin from a wait list? I didn't think my chances were too good, but I'm looking for hope!

Also, how does the wait list work? I was told my RCL that they will e-mail me if it becomes available, then I have to respond stating I want it. Do they really do this? I'm skeptical.

I am not sure about RC, was never on a waitlist with them, but I am on a waitlist for the past 3 months with Princess and I gave my deposit to go on the waitlist, with the understanding if a cabin becomes available I was locked in at the price of the cabin when I gave the deposit. Well I found out I have to pay the price for the cabin, at what the price is when the availablility comes. Right now the price has increased $1640.00 for the type of cabin I am on the waitlist for. IMO they can shove it! Good Luck with your ordeal, hope its better than mine!

we did this one time, not sure if it was the same as you are asking, but we purchased a cruise on the Radiance in a D1, and then was put on a list for a specific cabin on the hump, I watched the board everyday, and I called when I saw the one I wanted, and got it, it was the same catergory I was booked in just a different cabin.

I have never heard of a RCCl waitlist for a specific cabin; is this something new? Hopefully you have booked an alternate cabin that you will enjoy if the aft corner does not become available.

In case you are waiting for the D1 on the Brilliance, Panama, Jan. 11. 2008, there is no way we are giving that one up. LOL.

Please let us know if you do get a response from RCCL.

Good Luck.

I think yuor chances are good. We booked one and are not sure we are going to keep it if the price does not drop. It is almost double price for our cruise. So if it doesnt I will go to oceanview and then someone on the wait list for balcony can then get mine. Good luck...Dont ever let the "room" stop you from going. Its important but once your onboard and the fun begins...color me happy

We tried to "waitlist" for a different cabin, too---but we were told that you had to specify a specific cabin number--that seemed like the odds were against us! We took the cabin we originally booked and it was fabulous! I don't know why RCI won't let you just move to another of the same catagory if and when one becomes available. I guess that's too much for them to handle.

We have been on the waitlist twice. What I don't understand is that if I am on the waitlist, why am I able to jump on a cabin when I see one come available online? Say I want a JS (which is what I was holding out for), why isn't it that when one comes available, the first person on the waitlist is contacted, and so forth? Why is it released to the public? Luckily, I have been able to secure JS's both times, but I was never contacted by RCCL.

We've been waitlisted for a cabin once and didn't get it...

Someone on one of our rollcalls was waitlisted for a corner aft and got it recently. RCL contacted their travel agent to let their agent know the cabin was available, so they switched cabins.

I am on a wait list for a corner aft cabin. Has anyone been successful in getting such a cabin from a wait list? I didn't think my chances were too good, but I'm looking for hope!

Also, how does the wait list work? I was told my RCL that they will e-mail me if it becomes available, then I have to respond stating I want it. Do they really do this? I'm skeptical.

Don't get your hopes up. I was on a wait list for a certain Owners suite. I was looking one day and the was the room on the web. RCI never did anything. I would not have gotten it if i didn't see it.

I asked to be put on a waitlist recently for a GS for either a nine or twelve day cruise on The Explorer leaving from Bayonne. I was told you had to put the deposit down, the same amount as if you were booking the cruise. I didn't do it, I'll find something else. I don't want to tie up my money for possibly nothing. They wanted $450.00 per person. Maybe no one told you they needed a deposit, and that's why you didn't hear back.

Tasha

Archived