NCL Sun Formal Dress Nites???

saraisarai

Yes, and no. NCL is calling them "Dress Up or Not Nights" now.

Which is going further away from "Formal Only Nights" than the previous "Optional Formal Nights".

You can still dress Formally on any night, but I would suggest dressing to the nines on Dress Up or Not Night if you want company.

Yes, and no. NCL is calling them "Dress Up or Not Nights" now.

Which is going further away from "Formal Only Nights" than the previous "Optional Formal Nights".

You can still dress Formally on any night, but I would suggest dressing to the nines on Dress Up or Not Night if you want company.

" You can still dress Formally on any night, but I would suggest dressing to the nines on Dress Up or not Night if you want company "

Please explain. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

" You can still dress Formally on any night, but I would suggest dressing to the nines on Dress Up or not Night if you want company "

Please explain. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's NCL Freestyle Cruising concept fault. Resort Casual Attire is always appropriate. There are no Formal only nights, there hasn't been for years.

NCL used to call it Optional Formal night. Now they call it Dress Up or Not night. Meaning, dressing up is up to you, and better fits NCL's advertising campaign.

:confused:

It's NCL Freestyle Cruising concept fault. Resort Casual Attire is always appropriate. There are no Formal only nights, there hasn't been for years.

NCL used to call it Optional Formal night. Now they call it Dress Up or Not night. Meaning, dressing up is up to you, and better fits NCL's advertising campaign.

:confused: :confused:

I am looking at our freestyle daily Saturday 30th September 2006, Suggested Attire OPTIONAL Formal. :mad::mad:

I'm afraid that a September 2006 Freestyle Daily may be outdated.

With the new advertising campaign has come new guidelines and one of them has been the discontinuation of Optional Formal night and also the prohibition of jeans in the dining room.

I'm afraid that a September 2006 Freestyle Daily may be outdated.

With the new advertising campaign has come new guidelines and one of them has been the discontinuation of Optional Formal night and also the prohibition of jeans in the dining room.

Thank you for your reply, is there a site that we could look at as this debate seems to be going around in circles.

Songanddance 19 Feb 2007 " I have personally seen NCL go from a casual but attrictive line to a work clothes line in the period of less than two years. So once the the code is breached the hordes will over run the fort in short order. " I believe this is just the start of things to come.

The simple fact is that Down Unders DOES NOT WANT TO accept the fact that NCL's dress code has completely changed to something she doesn't want.

Let's set the record straight: Several reviews from many different NCL ships, along with copies of Freestyles Dailies are showing that since the first of the year, NCL has changed the wording for what used to be the "Optional Formal Night" to "Dress up or not" nights. There have been way too many reports of late to deny this fact any longer.

Downunders: you are the one who is attempting to mislead or confuse the new CC members.

New CC members, here is fact: you should feel free to dress up as much or as little as you like on ANY night on any NCL ship. If you don't want to dress up, you should also feel free to go resort casual (no t-shirts, shorts or bathing attire) on ANY night on any NCL ship.

Optional formal and dress up or not are pretty much the same in my book. One can dress up formally or do resort casual - it is up to the cruiser.

I agree with the what this "means". When i was on the Sun 2 weeks ago, I can say that there was LITTLE formal wear & lots of resort casual on all nights... & it was still an adjustment to see people wearing jeans into the restaurants.

Just back off the Sun, Sunday 25th Feb, the whole debate here is much ado about nothing.

Last week there was one formal night, in the four seasons restaurant, lots of folk decided to attend, lots of folk did not. My wife and I chose to eat elsewhere, packing an extra suitcase for fomal ware is a pain. We ate in the east meets west steakhouse.

Just back off the Sun, Sunday 25th Feb, the whole debate here is much ado about nothing.

Last week there was one formal night, in the four seasons restaurant, lots of folk decided to attend, lots of folk did not. My wife and I chose to eat elsewhere, packing an extra suitcase for fomal ware is a pain. We ate in the east meets west steakhouse.

Arkansas: Thank you for that update. This is the kind of FACTUAL information that is needed. The Sun used to have a formal night in one dining room about a year ago, but then reports came in that it was dropped. How was it listed in the Freestyle Daily? (that seems to be the burning question on these boards these days...lol)

Of course, if the Sun is back to doing this, here we go again with the inconsistant policies from ship to ship. It is these inconsistancies that tend to stir up the arguements on these boards.

Thanks again for the facts!

My DH wore jeans in the Seven Seas dining room on the optional formal night. I was pretty mortified until we saw other people in the dining room with jeans on, as well.

It seems so strange that everyone dresses differently :confused:

One person with a tuxedo or formal gown, another in jeans or casual???:rolleyes:

Also ,although I wear jeans all the time at home. I just cant visualize them as "cruisewear"

However I am sure my dh will be very happy not to get dressed up. I probably will too since when we dress for dinner, we almost always change right after.

Archived