St Kitts Question?????

struther1

Hi everyone, I read many of your posts but this is the first time I have posted (I think), God I'm so old, and I have a question. I am leaving on my seventh cruise (6th with RCCL) (2nd on Empress) on Monday 2/26. I am recovering from some fairly major surgery 7 weeks ago. I am in excellent physical shape and have run two marathons but due to the surgery have somewhat limited upper body strength at this time, although the doctor allowed me to begin jogging last week. My question is, I want to do the volcanic crater climb/hike and RCCL website says it is very strenous. Can anyone give me information on this shore excursion? My doctor says as long as I am walking, no matter how steep I will be fine but can't do anything that involves ropes or pulling with upper body. I would certainly appreciate anyones help but we leave tomorrow. Also anyone on the Empress the next two weeks I will be the bald headed guy, playing Euchre for large chunks of many days on deck. Stop and say hi. Thanks again.:confused:

I'm not sure about the st. Kitts crater climb. We did the Tour and climb to the top of Brimstone Fort. Upper body strengh is not the key here, but it is a strenuous climb.

Be careful of the bus/cab drivers in St. Kitts taking you to all of their buddies to buy trinkets and to have your picture taken with Sammy the burro.

It's a great itinerary on the Empress. Are you going on the 11 day?

We had some issues with the aft cabin balcony but the worst cruise of your life is still a great time if you stay healthy.

USE THE HAND STERILIZER WHENEVER YOU CAN!!

Yes We've done this cruise , 11 days this past Jan. Fantastic itinerary.

The Empress is old and small, but since this is such a port intensive itierary you hardly notice it. We hadan aft cabin and our balcony was covered in soot repeatedly throuout the cruise.

We weren't crazy about that, but if you don't have an aft cabin you don't notice the problem anywhere else on the ship.

Let me know if you have any questions

Archived