help me choose my cabin!

logic8482

Hello-

I just booked my second Carnival cruise on the Victory for April and was upgraded from a 4A to a 4E on the Verandah deck (my cabin is right about in the middle of the deck).

I have figured out that I could instead either get a 5A cabin with port holes on the Riviera deck at the very front of the ship (the second or third cabin from the front 1210, 1209 etc.) or a 4G cabin on the Panorama (1041, 1037, 1033 etc.)

I don't mind so much being on the 1st floor especially since I have stayed on Riviera deck before and also would have the port holes as well as a bigger room (220sft vs. 185sft).

Any thoughts on being so close to the front of the ship though? Also any advantage to the Verandah vs. Panorama or vice versa? Which cabin would you choose?

Thanks!

When you stay in a cabin at the bow of the ship, you tend to feel the sea more. Especially if there are high waves. But the worst is hearing, and FEELING, the anchor drop when the ship arrives in port. Lots of noise and vibration!

When we had an outside cabin with portholes, the glass in the portholes was so dirty that you couldn't see through them! Crusted salt on the glass!

Just make sure your cabin is NOT above or below the galley, disco, bar or a nightclub! Check the deck plans of the ship you are sailing on to see what fits you best.

Have a great cruise!

:cool: Bill

I had one of those port hole rooms. Better than having an inside cabin imo.

My only complaint was because it was a low level and we had rough weather, the port holes were salt covered from the first day. I have a picture taken through them if you want to see? We had 20 ft. white caps high enough to slap against the port holes :)

Id still rather see out than not see out.

Just make sure your cabin is NOT above or below the galley, disco, bar or a nightclub! Check the deck plans of the ship you are sailing on to see what fits you best.

We had booked a OV GTY and ended up directly below the galley (2412 on the Valor). Went prepared with ear plugs and to struggle for a good nights' sleep, but were pleasantly surprised. We did not hear a peep the entire week, and liked the location so much that we booked a similar location on our upcoming Triumph cruise. :)

Archived