Denali Question

vfb2girls

As things stand now we are scheduled to do our Aero flight June 10 out of Talkeetna but for some reason this tour is cancelled then the operators said that we can do our summit flight our of Healy the next day June 11. We want to take the shuttle in Denali to at least Fish Creek but the only time we would have to do this is on June 11 and if we have to do our tour on that day is it still worth it to get such a late start with the touring at Denali? From my understanding it is better to get an early start but from others who have explore the park latter in the day did you still see enough wildlife? Since we are staying in Healy on June 11 we will have the whole day to spend in that area. Also should I go ahead and book the shuttle tickets now or can I wait? How fast do these tickets get sold? Thank you for any suggestions.

There will NOT likely be any availablity for same day shuttle tickets. You need to reserve them ahead.

Are you doing a one way Anchorage to Fairbanks?? If not, try and reschedule a canceled Talkeetna flight for the return to Anchorage?? Ideally you need 2 nights in Denali Park, can your routing allow this?? Or see if an evening flight might be available- after the shuttle?? You can be out of Denali Park about 3pm from an early Fish Creek shuttle.

There is no way to predict wildlife viewing.

Thanks BQ, I kind of figured that I needed to reserve the shuttle tickets ahead of time. We will have two nights in Healy and we are not going to Fairbanks, I also reserved the Aero flight using a tour saving coupon so that does limit the time we can go. I am just going to go ahead and order my shuttle tickets on the assumption that we will make out flight the same day I scheduled it. Thanks for the input.

Archived