Spirit in Tortola

PreciousPetal

I have been to Tortola once before...and just walked around the town. I am not interested in any beaches, Baths, or water sport excursion...but would like to know if you would recommend any land/see the island-type excursions through NCL? Just want to get a flavor of what the island looks like away from the pier. Thanks:D !

You can get a taxi tour at the peir for $15. $10 pp. Not a bad tour. The one we took stopped at the beach for an hour but we sat in Stanley's and had a drink and relaxed for the hour looking out at the ocean.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the two and a half hour city tour booked thru NCL and really enjoyed it. However, Tortola is very hilly and the winding roads up the hillsides are narrow....our bus ride was a little more thrilling than I was expecting (I was sitting on the cliff side of the open air bus!). Well worth doing. Even the 16 year-old enjoyed it.

We did the two and a half hour city tour booked thru NCL and really enjoyed it. However, Tortola is very hilly and the winding roads up the hillsides are narrow....our bus ride was a little more thrilling than I was expecting (I was sitting on the cliff side of the open air bus!). Well worth doing. Even the 16 year-old enjoyed it.

That would make me nervous. I have been there (different area) and I was a little scared. LOL It is beautiful

Island Secrets

Hard to hide its charm, Tortola will impress you. Drive along the coast road towards the island's eastside and then uphill and follow the ridge road to Skyworld for a free drink and a good browse in the shops. Continue on the ridge and end at Pussers Landing at the West End.

1.gif $43

3 hours

The above tour was really good. This one gives the best of the entire Island. You will head up to the highest point and will travel from one side to the other. The photo opps are great. Then just walk thru the downtown. We happened to be on a large A/C bus. Some of the open tour buses they have, sit 4 across and seem to be pretty cramped. :)

We had a good time on The Island Bar Crawl. Rode all over the island, made various stops along the way to take pictures, stopped at two beaches with bars for drinks and lunch.

I was thinking of takingt his tour. Can you give me more details? I may be going on the tour myself, do you think that would be a problem?

Thanks for the info,

Barbara from Philly

Archived