Playa Mia Beach Break???

ambergloww

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion and what your experience was. We had originally planned on just going to paridise beach but seeing as this excursion offers and open bar we are thinking it might be a better deal for us as we aren't boozers by any means but do intend to drink plentily on vacation, also if you have done this excusion how much was the buffet and were you pleased with it . any input positive or negative would be greatly appreaciated, my main fear is that it wont be nearly as nice as paradise beach. Also do they provide lounge chairs? I see no mention of it on the excusion description. Thanks a bunch for any help:)

We were at Playa Mia a few weeks ago. I can't compare it to Paradise Beach, because we haven't been there. When we went it wasn't crowded. There were plenty of reclining beach chairs available and palms trees to sit under. If you buy the "all you can drink" ticket you also get a beach umbrella to sit under. If you just buy the $10.00 entry ticket you pay $5.00 for the umbrella. We didn't choose the buffet because we didn't think it was worth it. We weren't all that hungry and drank alot (not just alcohol - they have fruit drinks, water, etc.) You can buy food that is not part of the all you can eat. Also, the souveneer area is pretty good. We got way better prices at Playa Mia than they were telling us in town. Lots of cool things.

To take the taxi there, we did it for $12.00, because it was negotiable, but on the way back the price is a $15.00 firm fee posted and no one will budge from it.

If you want to hang out at the beach, relax, soak up the sun, snorkel, etc. this was pretty nice. We had a great time.

I don't know if you've seen this yet, but here is their website:

http://www.playasol.com.mx/

You can e-mail me if you have any more questions, in case I don't see this site for awhile.

Archived