So many questions...where to begin...

lorack

First of all thanks to anyone who offers any advice, this site had been GREAT. Like so many, I 've never cruised, but after 5 years home/working/raising twins my husband and I NEED a vacation and decided a cruise would work for all of us. We've decided on Freedom, Eastern route, summertime. My questions for anyone is this; I'm terribly afraid of feeling confined so we opted for a GS - is that "really" big enough for 4. Also does anyone know if Jet skiing is available in either San Juan, St Maarten or St thomas? Lastly, I've heard that if you upgrade to the really expensive suites you get on/off the boat faster - is that true? Thanks everyone :)

First of all thanks to anyone who offers any advice, this site had been GREAT. Like so many, I 've never cruised, but after 5 years home/working/raising twins my husband and I NEED a vacation and decided a cruise would work for all of us. We've decided on Freedom, Eastern route, summertime. My questions for anyone is this; I'm terribly afraid of feeling confined so we opted for a GS - is that "really" big enough for 4. Also does anyone know if Jet skiing is available in either San Juan, St Maarten or St thomas? Lastly, I've heard that if you upgrade to the really expensive suites you get on/off the boat faster - is that true? Thanks everyone :)

We had a 5th and 8th grader (both girls) with us in the GS and it was enough space for us. I like using the showers in the health club to get cleaned and ready for the day, and that freed-up a lot of space for the other 3 to get ready as well. Outside of that, it was a comfortable room for our trip (Mediterranean). If all of you decide to use the health club showers there will not be a single issue, IMHO.

Can't tell you much about the other things except to say that if you are going to Labadee then the jet-skiing there is really good. Book it on-line so you get to go on the excursion......they fill up fast and many people don't get a chance to do that because they try to book on board the ship.

You booked a suite, so you will get priority boarding. Not so for disembarkation. However, if you have an early flight home, let them know (about midway through your cruise) and they will put you in one of the 1st groups off the ship. It's really not a big deal. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time!

I'm assuming from your post that your twins are five or under, and if that's the case I think you'll be perfectly fine in the GS. :) With our two teenage boys it was a bit snug, but one of them wound up sleeping on the balcony so we were okay. Of course, there are people who manage with four in an inside cabin too! :D

My husband has issues with the "confined" feeling too, which is part of the reason that we always book suites. I suspect you'll find that having a nice spacious balcony with the whole ocean in front of you helps a great deal!

As far as the priority embarkation privileges for suites -- good news, they are for GS and up so no need to upgrade. :)

Archived