Transfer in Frankfurt/Venice-Frankfurt-Newark

parislady40

I just received my docs, and apparently will be traveling back home from Venice via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. Will I have to pass through immigration etc after deplaning? I have 1 hour 15 minutes,(booked by HAL). Is that enough time for the transfer to catch the flight to the US.:confused:

I just received my docs, and apparently will be traveling back home from Venice via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. Will I have to pass through immigration etc after deplaning? I have 1 hour 15 minutes,(booked by HAL). Is that enough time for the transfer to catch the flight to the US.:confused:

In Frankfurt, you will be in transit passenger, you'll just go to the gate for your flight to the US. I'm sure the airline would not book the flight if this was not at least the minimum time to change planes. You will clear customs and immigration at the 1st US city.

In Frankfurt, you will be in transit passenger, you'll just go to the gate for your flight to the US. I'm sure the airline would not book the flight if this was not at least the minimum time to change planes. You will clear customs and immigration at the 1st US city.

We went from Rome to Dulles via Munich and had to go through a customs passport check there. Maybe that was because our destination was the D.C. area, but I don't know. We arrived at our departure gate about 10 minutes before boarding started.

I had heard that when you come out of Italy, it is considered domestic for immigration purposes, and that you have to go through passport control. It is supposed to do with non-Schengen/Schengen countries. ???

But both Italy and Germany are Schengen countries, and so no passport check should be needed. On our Baltic and Med cruises the only passport checks we had we were when went to non-EU conutries.

As of 2007, the Schengen Treaty countries consist of:

• Austria
  • Germany
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Luxemburg
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • The Netherlands

You will go through a transfer pasportcontrol in Frankfurt, before flying to the USA since you leave a"schengen"country. Your luggage will go through all the way.

1.15 sounds short but can be done.

If in doubt ask LH groundstaff for directions, Frankfurt is a rather big airport.

We flew from Miami to Frankfort to Rome and returned Istanbul to Frankfort to Miami. Both times we had to go through a passport check and security check in Frankfort. They have about 20 machines in operation and the lines move quickly, but they are long lines. We only had about 45 minutes layover, and would not have made it if the outbound flights were on time, but the flights were delayed and we made it with no problem. There is an express line for first/business class travelers and it is also used by those having less than 45 minutes to connect. You do not have to worry about your luggage as it will be checked through to your destination.

Archived