Anniversary "Package"

StknCPA

Our next cruise will be for our anniversary. My travel agent asked if anything special was happening during the cruise; I said it was our anniversary, and he said he would put down anniversary on the second day of the cruise because that is usually a formal night. He moved on before I had time to consider what he had said.

Just got the paperwork; sure enough, it says anniversary and has the second day of the cruise (and $0 charge!).

Is anyone familiar with what Celebrity does for an anniversary? I somewhat like the idea of being surprised, but I do wonder if my TA was right to book it on the second day--does it somehow tie in well with a formal night? Without the TA doing that, I would have scheduled it for the actual day of our anniversary...

Thanks for your insight.

On our Anniversary cruise, they brought a cake and sang. It also was on the first sea day which was formal night. We liked it that night, being we were all dressed up. We were invited to the Honeymoon/Anniversary party. I think it was that same afternoon. They took our picture with a beautiful cake. They served Champagne, cut the cake and each couple received one piece of the cake with 2 forks. They played music and invited every one to dance. One couple was married 2 days, and the longest was a couple married 65 years. It was very nice.

Hi,

We wanted to also add our comments to the above with respect to Anniversary celebrations on Celebrity.

You did not mention if it was a "major" anniversary - 20th -25th, etc. We can share with you what we did to celebrate our 25th while on Summit in 2005.

We arranged through the Special Services Dept. with Celebrity to have a private Champagne Reception which was held in the Michael's Club at 4 p.m. on the first formal evening, with all of our tablemates invited. Fr. Joseph Schold was the priest who was on board during the cruise, and he presided over the Renewal of our Vows Ceremony.

It was a five tissue program and was quite moving. This package included the ship's photographer taking candids and formals which were then turned into a CD format. It has become my screen saver on my laptop and brings wonderful memories of that very special day.

This is one option ....the choice is yours.

Kind Regards,

Don and Kathie

There was a cost associated with this and it was not inexpensive. However,

DH and I will also be celebrating an anniversary while on board and my TA explained that they bring us a cake on the first formal night. I think, however, that if you would prefer the cake on a different night, you could always ask the maitre'd when you embark the ship.

I have also heard of people who arranged to have the cake delivered to their cabin instead so they could have a more romantic setting for the two of them. Just something to think about.

Celeste

We have celebrated 2 birthdays and two anniversaries with cruises. Most recently we sailed to the Mexican Riviera for my 55th. They always have brought a cake to our table and sang. it has been the same type of cake each time (a very rich chocolate cake with thin chocolate pieces around the cake). I always order a dessert off the menu also. I tell my wife it's so our tablemates don't feel obligated to eat cake when they wanted something else. Most of them have followed my lead and everyone enjoyed two desserts that evening.

You could also buy an Anniversary package through the cruiseline. We just celebrated our 2nd on Galaxy and one of our gifts from a friend was the Premium Celebration package. It included lots of fun goodies, especially a couples' Rasul spa treatment.

Archived