Question for past 11-day Wind Cruisers

SweetEmi

Aloha! When the Wind stays 2 days in Lahaina does it leave port and sail around that night or does it stay in port?? Either way, does it stop tendering the first night at a certain time and does what time does it start tendering on the second morning??

Thanks, yeah?? (a little pidgin to get you in the mood...lol)

Emi

Although not on the Wind, we had a similar itinerary on the Star back in 2002.

The ship does raise anchor at night and sails around the ocean and returns to anchor in Lahania harbor the next morning. The tenders are brought back on board and tendering does stop over night.

I don't know what time that is however.

This is because the Wind is an International ship and not an American flagged ship like the POA, POAm or POH.

I also believe that all passengers must be back on board overnight.

Thanks Keystone. I was on the Star in Hawaii back in 2003 - we had a hurricane in our way and didn't get down to Fanning Island and couldn't dock in Hilo the day we were supposed to because they closed the harbor, but it was a wonderful trip anyway! Then we went on her in Mexico. I see you've been on her in Alaska and I'm hoping to maybe do that next year.

Hopefully someone who has had recent experience with this on the Wind can help out with the times - especially when we start tendering the next day...I see differing information on the 'Net though most say 8 a.m.

Emi

Yes, on our cruise about a month ago she floated around all night and let us back on the island starting at 8:00. The WIND is a wonderful ship, highly under-rated and i'm sorry she wont be on that run any longer as I would book another 11 day Fanning on her in an instant! Have a wonderful cruise. Tom

Mahalo Tom! Exactly what I needed to know. I understand why but it is a shame that the passengers can't get up to Haleakala to watch the sun rise. But then again, it will give them an excuse to come back, won't it! *smile*

Emi

Archived