A few questions for recent Serenade cruisers

RhondaPerr

Hi,

Did the ship dock in Havenside in St. Thomas? Did it dock in St Martin at the new pier or did you have to tender?

Were there substitutes for the menu each night, like chicken, steak, pasta?

Was there a long wait from the time you got off the plane to getting to the ship?

I think that is all I need to know. This is my 17th cruise, and haven't been on this line in a long time. I will be interested to see if they have changed, and if the reasons for us not staying with them have improved.

Thanks for your help!

Our three-generational group of 8 with ages 11 to 72 sailed on the lovely Serenade Feb 17-24, 2007 and we all loved it, including the food. The ship berthed at Havensight in St. Thomas and at the main pier in St. Maarten. We did not tender at any port.

The substitutes on the menu for dinner every night in the DR were Caesar salad, Pasta, Broiled steak, Chicken breast, and Salmon. We all thought the food was very good.

We arrived at the airport at about 2 PM, waited a while for our luggage at the airport, took a taxi, and were on the ship by 3:30. There was no line and no wait at the terminal. A few pages back you will find several brief (and very positive) reviews of this cruise from last weekl Look for discussions dated Feb 25,26 especially. I did not see any changes for the worse compared to the past 10 years. Rather than look for problems, look forward to having a great cruise. Jim

Hi,

Did the ship dock in Havenside in St. Thomas? Yes

Did it dock in St Martin at the new pier or did you have to tender? Docked

Were there substitutes for the menu each night, like chicken, steak, pasta? Yes,alternate menu items were available each night and they changed depending what was on regular menu for that night eg. if salmon was on regular menu, another fish dish was offered on alternate menu

Was there a long wait from the time you got off the plane to getting to the ship? Not for us but we didn't take ship's tranfer. Much better to take taxi for $20

I think that is all I need to know. This is my 17th cruise, and haven't been on this line in a long time. I will be interested to see if they have changed, and if the reasons for us not staying with them have improved.

Thanks for your help!

see above

Our three-generational group of 8 with ages 11 to 72 sailed on the lovely Serenade Feb 17-24, 2007 and we all loved it, including the food. The ship berthed at Havensight in St. Thomas and at the main pier in St. Maarten. We did not tender at any port.

The substitutes on the menu for dinner every night in the DR were Caesar salad, Pasta, Broiled steak, Chicken breast, and Salmon. We all thought the food was very good.

We arrived at the airport at about 2 PM, waited a while for our luggage at the airport, took a taxi, and were on the ship by 3:30. There was no line and no wait at the terminal. A few pages back you will find several brief (and very positive) reviews of this cruise from last weekl Look for discussions dated Feb 25,26 especially. I did not see any changes for the worse compared to the past 10 years. Rather than look for problems, look forward to having a great cruise. Jim

Thanks for the response and answering my questions, but I do need to comment on your remark about looking for problems. There were definite reasons why we left this line, and what I meant about curiosity if the problems still exist is that we have heard much more positive things about the very issues that kept us away. We are looking forward to our trip.

Rather than use the RCI transfer and run the risk of having to wait at the airport, I'd strongly recommend getting a taxi. You can be at the dock in 20 minutes, with your luggage in hand. If you've had problems in the past, why take a chance at starting off your cruise on a sour note?

Archived