Weather woes !!

xtrail

Yes, at least you will still make the cruise. It must have been a tough couple of days not knowing what was going on.

Have a wonderful time. Hope everything goes smoothly from here.

Jackie

Yikes...that IS frustrating Sixth, but look at the bright side....you are going on a cruise! :)

I'm begining to have my doubts.

As instructed on the phone at 11:00 am, I got to the airport (we're only a half hour away) and was told there that the lady on the phone didn't know what she was talking about, the flight was indeed cancelled and I had to phone another number to rebook. Another hour on the phone at the airport and guess what... At this point the Airline has not got me booked through to NO. for Sunday sailing of the Sun. :eek:

They have my name etc, and gave me a new booking number (which i can't access on the web) routing me on United on Saturday Toronto-Chicago- New Orleans, but getting to Toronto from Montreal is not Montrteal-Toronto rail is shut for at least a day.:(

AAAARRRRHGGGGHHF!

Sorry to here that!!! ASIXTH...

Thought you were on your way..

ck my re-post at our thread..

good luck???

Chicago weather is clearing a bit..

good forecast Sat. clear NO snow but cold..

AVERS007

So sorry you have to go through this! I was so relieved for you when you said that you had a flight booked. I really hope you find your way to NOLA on time.

We had a similar problem two years ago when our Delta flight was cancelled at the last minute. Thankfully it wasn't for a cruise so there were no real time constraints but basically, the Delta ticket agent just told us to get the heck out of Montreal to another airport and then worry about the rest. Because all of Montreal (except for private schools) are on March Break at the same time, the main thing is to get out of town, catch a flight to whatever major airport you can. We did end up getting on another flight the first thing the following morning but it was very stressful. Hopefully you will have the same luck that we did.

Good luck!

Sandy

Back in the game, persistence pays off.

Took four tries and at one point only DW was booked with me standby. Trick seemed to be get the Interrupted trip phone number, be pleasant, chatty (keep them on the phone checking the flight changes) and don't give up. :D

It's not over, but I think we'll have a better chance of making a New Orleans sailaway no matter what now (touch wood)

14 hours after starting to try to get to New Orleans, we're still home. Thank goodness that we planned to arrive TWO DAYs before the cruise. Other wise we wouldn't have had a chance.

Not there yet, but it starts again tomorrow at 9am.

ps. IMHO for Montreal, it wasn't much of a "storm" just over a foot of snow. The really strong winds never developed and the majority of flights got off the ground with only short delays.

xtrail I chatted with you before and I believe your in the same cabin I am booked in. 11654 if that is the case let me know how the cabin was after you disembark. I'm very excited still have about 46 days to go yet.. but a long cruise I'm on it from April 22, till may 11th. Hope the cabin was nice. Hope to hear from you soon

Sootie

Just wondering how it all worked out....

We had a beautiful drive to NYC last Saturday. Roads were clear and the scenery was spectacular.

Hope you made it to the ship with time to spare!

Sandy

I was wondering too!!! Hope all went well.

Jackie

Archived