Weather woes !!

xtrail

I hope nothing happens to your flight, we missed the 2/16 Pearl sailing due to Jet Blue and the weather and no other flights to get down. It was really hard staying home knowing we should be on vacation. Hope you have insurance.

They're calling for a major snow storm starting Thursday night here in Montreal, the same storm the OP will get 18 hours ahead of us. We are scheduled to fly out Friday at 2:45pm. The worst of the storm is expected though Friday, 30cm (12 inches) min, driven by NE winds 25mph gust to 35.:(

There's been a cosmic force trying to make this the most difficult start to a cruise we've ever had.

Glad we are booked two days early for the cruise at least, we should get to New Orleans in time for the Sun's Sunday departure (touch wood)

We've decided that flying to the embarkation port at least 2 days ahead is wise. Feel sorry for the 70 pax that missed the Jewel last Sunday. And insurance is a really good idea.

So for our 14 day Pearl in the fall, we're flying out of Rochester on Wed for a Friday departure.

They're calling for a major snow storm starting Thursday night here in Montreal, the same storm the OP will get 18 hours ahead of us. We are scheduled to fly out Friday at 2:45pm. The worst of the storm is expected though Friday, 30cm (12 inches) min, driven by NE winds 25mph gust to 35.:(

There's been a cosmic force trying to make this the most difficult start to a cruise we've ever had.

Glad we are booked two days early for the cruise at least, we should get to New Orleans in time for the Sun's Sunday departure (touch wood)

I would try to leave before the snow storm. Once they start cancelling flights, it is very difficult to get another flight since they are usually almost full.

Oh my heart goes out to all of you. We always leave, at least one day prior to sailing. I say always, we are not going to when we cruise the Star in September as I feel I need to be with some of those in our group that wanted air included. Many of those traveling in our group are in their late 70s and 80s. They need to know when they get off the ship there will be someone to meet them and handle the luggage etc. Anyway, I am not terribly concerned about weather related problems the last week of Sept traveling from NM to LA.

NMNita

we also are flying out of Pearson tomorrow for the Pearl.

Our flight Air Canada 6:30 am.

I don't expect there will be problems as this is an early flight that should only require de-icing. I have monitoed the last few storms and flights originating from Toronto have not been the problem. The problem has been the destination not accepting flights.

The forecast is for the snow to change to freezing rain to rain. I am optomistic, I have to be, I organized our group of 10, they all know whom they will blame.

Good luck Xtrail because I will be sharing it with you.

we fly out from Toronto on Sun am at 9:30. I hope the storm is over by then.

I assumed that if the airline cancelled a flight or had to re-book due to weather that the airline would make sure you got to the ship ..so if you missed the 4:00 sail time they'd get you to the next port??

Is this true?? Has anyonbe had this happen to them? ie missed the ship and had to get to next port??

I'm getting nervous now!!!:eek:

we also are flying out of Pearson tomorrow for the Pearl.

Our flight Air Canada 6:30 am.

I don't expect there will be problems as this is an early flight that should only require de-icing. I have monitoed the last few storms and flights originating from Toronto have not been the problem. The problem has been the destination not accepting flights.

The forecast is for the snow to change to freezing rain to rain. I am optomistic, I have to be, I organized our group of 10, they all know whom they will blame.

Good luck Xtrail because I will be sharing it with you.

The drive to the airport at 3-30am may be the worst part of the day,not to mention getting home tonight looks bad out there right now !!

I would try to leave before the snow storm. Once they start cancelling flights, it is very difficult to get another flight since they are usually almost full.

We're already leaving two days early, and you couldn't have gotten a flight outta here today if you didn't already have a ticket.

Last night, just for fun, I checked Montreal New Orleans, what was $ 540.00 was going for $ 2,400 and change. :eek: :eek:

Nope, we'll just have to see how long it takes to get to the ship

Here's wishing all of you safe and on-time flights. I can't imagine another aviation meltdown like occured a few weeks ago.

The weather for the weekend in South Florida is expected to be not bad at all - just get yourself on that plane and come on down! It may be damp and cloudy but at least it ain't snow!

I'll be keeping fingers AND toes crossed for all of you.

Your all going to love this.

After over an hour on hold with United, they told us there's nothing they can do since we actually booked the trip through Air Canada and have to call them to reschedule. (I didn't even know I was not flying Air Canada and had been placed with their "sister" carrier until after the booking process)

I am now on hold with Air Canada (20 minutes and counting, not including 1o minutes of redial bizzy signal hell)

So sorry for your dilemma! I don't know if this is an option for you but I'll throw it out there...

Southwest has a flight still available out of Albany both tomorrow and Sunday mornings at 7:00 a.m. I don't know how many are in your party but I put in for 4. Price is $236.00 USD per person one way (presuming you can still fly AC on the return) and would get you into NOLA at 11:50. Getting to Albany by tomorrow a.m. would be very difficult but what about Sunday?

Good luck in getting to your ship. Please let us know what happens...

Sandy

So sorry for your dilemma! I don't know if this is an option for you but I'll throw it out there...

Southwest has a flight still available out of Albany both tomorrow and Sunday mornings at 7:00 a.m. I don't know how many are in your party but I put in for 4. Price is $236.00 USD per person one way (presuming you can still fly AC on the return) and would get you into NOLA at 11:50. Getting to Albany by tomorrow a.m. would be very difficult but what about Sunday?

Good luck in getting to your ship. Please let us know what happens...

Sandy

Thanks, but at this point we're still in limbo, telephone limbo.

We got the United cancelled flight call at 7:50. It's just shy of 10:00 and I'm still on hold and haven't spoken with anyone at Air Canada.

:mad: 1hour 45 minutes on hold but they've re booked us (on the exact same flight they canned , now with a new flight number) so here we go.

Nothing like spending 2 1/2 hours on hold to find out you should show up at the airport at the time you booked!!!:mad:

What was all that about?:confused:

Archived