HELP: Private Tour Guide Suggestions

airlinerob

Hello everyone....

Once again I am coming to everyone here for your assistance.

I am going on next week's NCL Star, and I am trying to pre-plan my excursions. I have never been to any of these destinations before, and plan to just do city tours in each city. I would prefer tours that I can book prior to leaving and not affiliated with the ship. I have done this many times in the Carribean and have always found these tours to be the best, giving the best flavor & history of each city.

With the possible itinerary change next week, I am looking for guides in each of the following cities.

If you can suggest guides who you have used (or know someone has used) and have contact information for them, I would love to hear about your suggestions for guides in the following cities...

- Cabo San Lucas

- Mazatlan (a possible replacement port)

- Puerto Vallarta

- Manzanillo (a possible replacement port)

- Acapulco

Any information you can provide on tour guides in these cities would be greatly appreciated (as usual). I am always hearing about a "Rosie?" in Acapulco, but I have yet to get contact information for her. Can someone help me find that?

Thanks for everyone once again. This is a great board, and a great community!

Hello everyone....

If you can suggest guides who you have used (or know someone has used) and have contact information for them, I would love to hear about your suggestions for guides in the following cities...

- Cabo San Lucas

- Mazatlan (a possible replacement port)

- Puerto Vallarta

- Manzanillo (a possible replacement port)

- Acapulco

Any information you can provide on tour guides in these cities would be greatly appreciated (as usual). I am always hearing about a "Rosie?" in Acapulco, but I have yet to get contact information for her. Can someone help me find that?

Thanks for everyone once again. This is a great board, and a great community!

We toured with Rosie just last week (NCL STAR 2/18/07). She did a great tour which included the Cliff Divers (evening), Diego Rivera murals, the Cross, and a general city tour. Her email is:

dew_days@hotmail.com (there is an underscore between dew and days)

Tell her Rick and Carol say Hi.

Frank in Mazatlan has a great tour also. His email is on numerous threads in this board.

Carol and Rick

In Cabo we took a whale watching/sight-seeing tour on the Sunderland. It's an old sailing ship built in the 1800's. http://www.pirateshipcabo.com

In PV we also took a whale watching trip. We went with Pegaso Chartering. They do many different excursions with their fleet of four ships. pegasopv@prodigy.net.mx

http://www.vallartatraveladvisor.com/pegaso.htm

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

JUst came back from the Spirit last 3/15--we hired a tour guide named Roman Zarate.He speaks english very well and the tour is vey laid back. ,enjoyable.His is also very reasonable-I did my research on the tour guides that was listed here and found him with the best rate.His web site acaguide.com.

He also replies to your email within a day...feel free to ask me any questions about him.

After vacationing in PV for 15 years, we finally took a city tour, and loved it. Even though it's called a city tour, we first went to an inland "suburb" called Pittillal and visited the church there. Then back to PV, where we went to the street where Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton lived, and visited the main church. Then south to a small tequila factory (hmmm, where is that little bottle we bought...has DH drank it without sharing?). Next stop was Mismaloya for a little shopping (15 years ago Mismaloya was just a dusty village that you could walk through and not even see a person...now it has jewelry stores!), and then up the mountainside for lunch (buy on your own) and a swim in the waterfall. Hubby and I jumped the bus at Mismaloya to instead have lunch at one of our old favorites (Tony's) in the village, wade in the river, and then we caught the bus on its way back through the little town. If not for the fact that our friends were still on the bus, we probably would have left the tour there and walked across the highway to the beach and spent the afternoon there, and then caught a city bus back to PV.

Although this website shows a slightly different itinerary, it is about the same:

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/city-and-tropical-tour.htm

• 5 months later...
JUst came back from the Spirit last 3/15--we hired a tour guide named Roman Zarate.He speaks english very well and the tour is vey laid back. ,enjoyable.His is also very reasonable-I did my research on the tour guides that was listed here and found him with the best rate.His web site acaguide.com.

He also replies to your email within a day...feel free to ask me any questions about him.

What did you do during your tour?

http://www.gomanzanillo.com/autotours/index.htm

We always used Federico at Haro Tours in Manzanillo before we moved there and became our own tour guides! He and Arturo are really good guys who speak excellent English. They have several different tours you can choose from. Otherwise, Manzanillo is not a shopping or sightseeing port- it is a beach day port. Grab a cab to the Las hadas hotel or Playa Audiencia and lounge all day.

You will find lots of information o the Go Manzanillo website. Is there a chance that Manzanillo would be substiuted? We don't get many cruise ships so it's exciting when we get to see them! I would LOVE it if NCL quit Acapulco and came to Manzanillo instead, but our port is more of a working port than a tourist port.

Have Fun:)

Archived