new orleans hilton deal

bethm214

I just tried it ( we are sailing The Conquest July 3, 2005)

Price Line will NOT take a bid, if you are more than 330 days away.

Sooooooooooo, next week IM going to bid $50.00 for the Hilton. I hope it works out for me. I do have a rate of $115.00 a night but $50.00 sounds much better.

Thank you!

i was just able to get the hilton new orleans for $50 per night through priceline...just in case anyone else is in need. does not include parking as i don't need it.:D

What strategy did you use?.....4star?.....business district?

That's a great deal if you don't need parking. But they will charge you $12 a day in parking fees if you need a place to park. For those who are looking for free parking at the Hilton, ask for the $99 "cruise special" that includes up to seven days of free parking. The number to call is 1-504-561-0500. You will be charged $22 for parking the first night and then the rest of the week is free.:D

What strategy did you use?.....4star?.....business district?

This is the first time i have ever tried Priceline so I did some reading and research first. I went to their companion site - i think it is lowestfares.com? and looked to see what they listed as 4 star hotels in both the convention district and french quarter. I decided I could live with any of those although I sort of wanted the convenience of the Hilton. I think there were only 2 or 3 listed as 4 stars. So, on my request i put 4 star convention district or french quarter. It told me the usual retail price is $119 per night. I figured I still had time so i would take a gamble and try $50. I was amazed that I got the hotel I wanted at that price. The closest to that price at the hilton was a internet rate of $89 per night. My total is only $120 for 2 nights after taxes and fees......i paid more than that per night last time i was in New Orleans 2 months ago.

For anyone trying for that weekend.....try at $40 - maybe you will get lucky!!!

:)

Archived