bringing liquor home with new airline regulations

I was wondering the same thing. Would love to hear the answer...

Also, does anyone know if all your medicine have to be in the orignal container? Like Vitamins, etc. I usually put them in the weekly containers.

Boy, if my husband and I have to bring the orignal container, for all our meds. it will take up most of our suitcase :eek: well almost!

And what about cell caps. do they have to be put in the bag as liquid?

Maddie

Last week at FLL there were a LOT of people repacking their bags and switching things around to get their purchases into their luggage. I was at the check in and overheard one gentleman tell the airline agent that the clerk at the liquor store said it was still OK to take sealed boxes on the plane as a carryon. The airline agent told him it was the clerks job to sell liquor, but it was his job to follow the TSA regulations, either pack it or dump it. Apparently many people have not heard of the new regulations.

I did not see any stores advertising shipping. I would think that depends on the laws of your home state regarding alcohol transportation.

I was wondering the same thing. Would love to hear the answer...

Also, does anyone know if all your medicine have to be in the orignal container? Like Vitamins, etc. I usually put them in the weekly containers.

Boy, if my husband and I have to bring the orignal container, for all our meds. it will take up most of our suitcase :eek: well almost!

And what about cell caps. do they have to be put in the bag as liquid?

Maddie

As far as I know if you packed your meds/vitamins in your checked luggage your are good, if you carry on they have to be in origianl bottles and placed in a quart size ziploc baggie. Hope that helps ...

We packed the one bottle of rum we bought in our suitcase and it made it home fine. It was in a plastic bag, just in case.

But we did hear the vendors assuring people that they could check the little cardboard boxes as luggage and that was okay with TSA. I sure wouldn't hand over a liquor box to an airline employee as luggage.

I cannot stress this enough. Go to your local UPS store and buy the Bubble Wrap. Its $9.99 and a very good price for such wonderful liquor to bring home from the cruise. My DH took out a bottle that we had at home and he cut the bubble wrap in long sections/strips, enough to wrap a bottle about 3 times around. We put the bubble wrap in our carry-on luggage along with some tape so we could tape the bubble wrap once we wrapped our purchased liquor. On the last night we packed our wrapped bottles in between dirty clothes. Everything arrived home safe and sound, no leaks, nothing broke, perfect! I'd recommend this to anyone thinking of bringing home liquor.

The bubble wrap is a great idea. We just returned from the conquest and had the little TSA note in our bag. Our rum was wrap real well and in a plastic bag, but it was all smashed. It looked like they dropped it on a hard floor for it to be broke in that many pieces. Does anyone know if you contact them if they will reimburse you.:mad: :mad: :mad:

You must send it as checked luggage.

I higly recommed hardsided leather wine bags. I have 2 that hold 2 bottles. If we buy liquor we limit it to 4 bottles and we each place one of those hard sided cases in our checked bag. We wrap the bottles in bubble wrap first. Never had a problem.

Almost every time I fly, either myself or hubby has one of those TSA notes in our luggage. They NEVER put things back they were. I would not trust just wrapping the bottle in bubble wrap alone. If the bottle ends up in a part of the bag that hits the floor when they fling it, could break.

I travel and this dumb rule has chnaged the way I pack, besides bubble wrap, u can pack the bottles with your cloths around them and put them in the middle.

Guess I am a threat to national secuirty if I am holding a sealed bottle of wine in my carry on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't alcohol flammable? Airlines/TSA are permitted to limit passengers to the quantity of liquor that you check in your suitcase. Also, airlines will not accept the liquor checked in it's cardboard box. I would highly recommend bubble wrap and not going overboard with the amount of bottles you carry on. I would rather buy my liquor at home and avoid the stress.....or possible clean up. :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't alcohol flammable? Airlines/TSA are permitted to limit passengers to the quantity of liquor that you check in your suitcase. Also, airlines will not accept the liquor checked in it's cardboard box. I would highly recommend bubble wrap and not going overboard with the amount of bottles you carry on. I would rather buy my liquor at home and avoid the stress.....or possible clean up. :)

I wonder if airlines will start asking when u check in luggage, maybe no more self check-in.

Archived