Best Snorkle excursion???

After diving and snorkeling in Aruba over the past 12 years I can say the coral in Aruba has been depreciated by not only the effects of the climate, but tourism. Though there may be "better" spots for snorkeling in the Caribbean, Aruba, unlike Jamaica, still has tons of fish and for a day of relaxation and fun in and on the water, I think given the right excursion, you can still get your money's worth.

Check out the following threads and links:

JOLLY PIRATES is the BEST their website http://www.jollypirates.com/

Tranquilo Sailing Yacht their website http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7884495&postcount=9 my review of our day aboard Tranquilo including our green moray sighting

Besides Mi Dushi, there is also:

Octopus Sailing Cruises

Arubalisa, Glad to see that you recommended Jolly Pirates as we are booked with them on 3/27. Our friends went out with them last year and absolutely loved, it, so we are very excited. Their customer service is excellent too. I had mistakenly given them the wrong date for the booking and realized it, after sending the email with CC number etc. Wrote them another email explaining my mistake but apparently they knew when the AOS is in port and had already signed us up for the right day! Impressive!

We love to Snorkle and it is sad to see the coral reefs declining worldwide. Sometimes, I wonder if it's better for us to just leave them alone? Still, I know that if I hadn't snorkled in the Keys for the first time many years ago, I would not have the appreciation that has spurred me to become involved with Reef Relief and some of our local conservation groups. I think all eco activities have their share of pros and cons regarding environmental impact but responsible operators can minimize this.

Arubalisa, Thanks so much for all the wonderful info you have shared with us on the boards. As a, soon to be, visitor to Aruba I appreciate knowing things from someone who has been there and has insider knoweldge. Take Care.

Agilitydog thank you for your kind words. It is always nice to know that you are appreciated. I am aure you will be very pleased with Jolly Pirates. We hope to try a trip with them this fall. They are a husband and wife operation thus personalized and as you have already witnessed, aim to please.

I would love to see Aruba's dive operators do more, to educate the public and tourists on the importance of the conversation of the island's marine environment. There is an annual reef clean up once a year and that is the biggest attention the reefs in Aruba get. It is up to each and every tourist no matter where they are and whether diving, snorkeling or swimming,

"Do not touch! Take only pictures and leave only bubbles!"

on the "Dream On". (funaruba.com) If you are looking for a serious snorkeling experience, you should check them out. It is a little bit more challenging than some of the other ones, but very, very good. Capt Mike is very personable and gets right in the water with you to point things out and look for things for you to see. It is a somewhat private reef that you sail to so there are not the masses. I think he only takes about 14 pax so it is a very low-key adventure. After you snorkel, you can enjoy some "Jungle Juice" for the sail back. Had a great time!!

Why did my post about power snorkeling get moved, when there are so many other posts about snorkeling that are still on here?

I don't understand this.

Can one of the moderators please explain this to me?

Thanks!

Archived