Excursions

vfranco

We are cruising to Greece and Turkey on the Nautica in August. Has anybody used the packaged land excursions that Oceania offers for six or seven hundred dollars per person? Are there other options?:confused:

We were in Turkey last summer and ran into some people who had just finished their cruise on Nautica. They were in Cappadocia and were part of an extended land tour. They were at the same hotel at which my wife and I were staying. In my brief conversations with them, they were very happy with the land tour component -- all the arrangements (air, hotel, local guide, etc.) were part of their tour, and it might require quite a bit of effort to do something similar on your own. I think there were only 6 or 8 people who opted for the land tour.

We are cruising to Greece and Turkey on the Nautica in August. Has anybody used the packaged land excursions that Oceania offers for six or seven hundred dollars per person? Are there other options?:confused:

We did the Athens to Istanbul and Black Sea ... if you would like the names of our private guides drop me a note ....whyme71842@aol.com.We put together our own tours

I'm on the same cruise Aug 21. I'm finding it quite easy to book guided tours privately using the recommendations on the "port of call" board here and using the internet to do a bit of research. I won't say I'm saving much, if anything, but these are private tours and not large bus loads of people which I really can't tolerate. If you invest a bit of time I think you'll find it pretty easy to do.

I think you are talking about the shore excursions you pre-book as a package with your cruise fare? We are on the June 20th Nautica, and we did book the package of shore excursions available. There were two offerings - one for people who were first time in the ports and one for those who may have been in the ports before or who wanted more unusual excursions.

We chose the first time package, partially because most of the excursions allowed for some free time and we are photographers so we wanted to have some exploration time as well as to see the sights.

Chatkat mentioned that she is going on June 20th on the same cruise and booked a pre-packaged tour. Which Tour? The Discovery or the Explorer?

Please post whether you were satisfied with the tour after you get back.

Have a wonderful trip

Archived