Cruise Refund

Just like most merchants, it takes alot longer to apply a credit than it does to charge you for something!!! Expect a couple of weeks, at least! I've yet to figure out how the charge is almost immediate, but any credit takes FOREVER!!!!! Creative accounting, I guess!

Last April we had to cancel our cruise 5 days prior to sailing because of an unexpected job layoff...we receieved our credits within 3-4 days! (Our travel insurance through RCCL was well worth the $72/pp...we will never book a cruise without it!) The credit back on our card was for our hotel and excursions. Our voucher credit of about $1000 was sent to house about 2 weeks later. This credit voucher was good to be applied to any sailing within 12 months of the cancelled cruise date. There was a catch though, if you applied your credit voucher, and for some reason had to cancel, the credit voucher would be voided and you would loose that money!!! Royal Caribbean was super easy to work with according to our awesome travel agent!!! She handled everything for us! Hope this helps!!!

How long does it normally take for RCCL to credit back you credit card for a cancelled cruise.

Crazy4bears...you aren't cancelling Alaska, are you? :o We are very much looking forward to meeting you!:)

Sorry to say yes. I have a misdeamanor charge from my early 20's. Afraid Canada will not let me cross border. Do not want to lose cruise money so we are going to book something out of Seattle instead . I am in process of trying to find out if I need to file forms to explunge record or some other type of papers. If I had known the border law before I booked I would have not booked cruise from Vancover.:(

Sorry to say yes. I have a misdeamanor charge from my early 20's. Afraid Canada will not let me cross border. Do not want to lose cruise money so we are going to book something out of Seattle instead . I am in process of trying to find out if I need to file forms to explunge record or some other type of papers. If I had known the border law before I booked I would have not booked cruise from Vancover.:(

Bummer indeed, check out this website that was posted on the Princess Board:

http://www.americanpardons.com/

I don't have any experience with them, however it might help!

Good luck to you :)

###

I read that thread but not really worried about it. They would probably have to deny entry to an awful lot of Americans if they truly have some sort of global database that picks up ancient fully resolved misdemeanors. I guess I will have to do some more research, but I am not going to cancel the cruise over something on a message board. :)

I'm sorry you are stressed over this. I had some high school friends that were blacklisted by Canada, back in the 70's. Of couse they were dumb enough to roll up to the border crossing smoking marijuana. :D

Have a wonderful time, whatever you decide to do.:)

It sounds like you probably already cancelled. That is too bad, Crazy4bears. It is really a shame when people get all worked up over stuff that is posted on message boards. I was going to post info that we are rehabilitated, but this is not the thread.

RCCL is very prompt with the credit refunds. It generally seems to be within a week or so that it shows up on your statement. :)

Archived