Flying from NO to FLL for Miami departure

raynla

We are planning on taking a direct flight (Southwest) from New Orleans to Ft Lauderdale and then going on to Miami, by a prearranged private shuttle, for a RC departure time of 5pm. Our plane is scheduled to land by 2:30 on a Saturday in August. Are we allowing ourselves enough time to get to the dock? I'm real worried about not making it, but Southwest seems to be the only ones getting us there directly. (I also worry about luggage mishaps!)

If everything works, you should make it. Think about mechanical problems or weather. Then traffic from Ft Lauderdale forty-five minutes, baggage claim 30 minutes. You need to be checked in and onboard by 4:30.

I'm absolutely thinking about the weather (hurricane season and the Gulf Coast :eek:) and the traffic going to/from. I just wish I knew if we'd make it in time, ya know? Decisions, decisions. Do airlines ever add flights to their iteneraries? I don't travel much and don't know how long I can wait before I wind up paying out the wazoo. Thanks.

You are cutting it pretty darn close. One LITTLE glitch (no more than 15 minutes) and your whole schedule is thrown off. If you insist on this flight, make sure you have very good travel insurance.

Please look at other flights, even though they may involve a connection. You will be far better off with a connection landing in FLL about noon than without a connection landing at 2:30.

That is cutting it too close. Like Greatam said, one little Glitch and there goes your cruise.

Why not look at American Air and fly into Miami ? There is a non stop flight early in the morning (6:15) that will put you into Miami at 9:00.

If I were to post odds of your making this cruise, I would give 100-1. There are just too many things that can go wrong - i.e flight delay - baggage delivery- weather etc.

It is just not worth it - please get an earlier flight and try to get it to Miami. Your stress level will certainly be eliminated.

Archived