?? about self-disembarkation

Sandi149

I'm thinking maybe we should do the self-disembarkation for our cruise in June but I have a few questions. Does Carnival provide some sort of luggage carts to take with you off the ship to the curb when you go get the taxi? When we did the CTN I don't remember seeing any wagons/carts and my husband and I had to carry all the luggage from the cabin to the curbside. It was a real pain the say the least.

Thanks. :)

Not only are you carrying all of your luggage without a cart or any other assistance, everyone else is also and it can get quite crowded as everybody lines up to do the self-disembark all at the same time. I don't know about the other CCL ships, but we did the self-disembark on the Holiday and it was a nightmare. Everybody crowding the hallways, all of the luggage, the children, some testy adults, needless to say it was not a pleasant experience. So the next time we sailed on the Holiday, we waited until our colors were called. MUCH better. We had time for a relaxing breakfast and cup (or two) of coffee. Still got off of the ship before 10:00 a.m. Have read others comment on their particular ships and some of them appear to be smoother, but generally the comments about the Holiday's method of self-disembarkation tell it all and there is room for improvement. IMO why put yourself through that? Puts a damper on a otherwise great cruise. Unless, of course, you are on a tight schedule for a flight, but in that case, CCL will get you off of the ship early - all you have to do is ask.

Not only are you carrying all of your luggage without a cart or any other assistance, everyone else is also and it can get quite crowded as everybody lines up to do the self-disembark all at the same time. I don't know about the other CCL ships, but we did the self-disembark on the Holiday and it was a nightmare. Everybody crowding the hallways, all of the luggage, the children, some testy adults, needless to say it was not a pleasant experience. So the next time we sailed on the Holiday, we waited until our colors were called. MUCH better. We had time for a relaxing breakfast and cup (or two) of coffee. Still got off of the ship before 10:00 a.m. Have read others comment on their particular ships and some of them appear to be smoother, but generally the comments about the Holiday's method of self-disembarkation tell it all and there is room for improvement. IMO why put yourself through that? Puts a damper on a otherwise great cruise. Unless, of course, you are on a tight schedule for a flight, but in that case, CCL will get you off of the ship early - all you have to do is ask.

yeah I think I'm not going to do the self-disembark since they don't have any sort of carts or wagons. I'm not on a tight schedule. I live in NYC and that is where the ship will be sailing from so all we have to do is hail a cab.

Archived