Embarkation at Long Beach

tas43

Going on Carnival Pride end of March out of Long Beach, CA. I have read various on embarkation. Some say check in early around 9:30 or 10:00 (VIP only???) and wait around and then board - others have said wait till an hour before departure and board then (no wait). Just wondering if anyone has done it recently and what your recommendation would be. Does it make a difference to check in early?? We are flying in a day ahead and can get to the pier whenever we like. Thanks.

If you have VIP check-in it really doesn't matter what time you check-in as you get to go straight in.

We just went on the Pride Last month and we arrived at 1:30 pm and the line was horrendous. We started to get in it only to be pulled away by someone calling for VIP. We then walked straight up and into the terminal. VIP was wonderful. However, I took mental notes in case there will be a time when we do not have VIP at this terminal. If I didn't have it, I would definitely want to do early check-in. If you want until later you will be waiting in a very long line. Now, if you wait until really late, you probably could get right on. So, if you don't have VIP do either early check-in or arrive late (like around 3 or so). If you go in between (noon - 2:00pm), you will be waiting quite awhile for the porters to take your luggage and also in a very long line.

Going on Carnival Pride end of March out of Long Beach, CA. I have read various on embarkation. Some say check in early around 9:30 or 10:00 (VIP only???) and wait around and then board - others have said wait till an hour before departure and board then (no wait). Just wondering if anyone has done it recently and what your recommendation would be. Does it make a difference to check in early?? We are flying in a day ahead and can get to the pier whenever we like. Thanks.

We were on the Pride last week. We all did the early check-in on the Queen Mary which is available between 9:00 and 11:00 for everyone, not just VIP. You can then tour the QM or wander around or do whatever you want until they start the lines about 11:00. There are several lines, VIP (which we were in and were on board first), Zone 1 which is for the people who did the early check-in on the QM (several in our group were in this line and boarded right behind us), and then the regular line for the people who showed up after 11:00 and weren't able to do early check-in. By noon, that line was really long and the rest of us were all either on board or just entering the dome and going through security and onto the ship. I would recommend earlhy check-in (we've done it twice now and it works really well), then hanging around the 'zone 1' flag just before 11:00 and you'll be on the ship in no time.

Check the pictures from our Paradise cruise, there are many from the check-in and line areas.

If you are VIP, look for the small office on the right side as you enter the terminal. There is only a very small sign, but it is a separate room with a wooden door.

David

That's only if you didn't do early check-in on the Queen Mary. For the early check-in there is just a seperate area at the main desk and once inside the dome you just walk right through and onto the ship.

I waited in that long line last time I was there. It is long and intimidating, but once it gets moving it goes pretty fast.

I will follow your early check in instructions this time and see how it goes. Where exactly do you do early check-in at the QM? Are there signs?

I waited in that long line last time I was there. It is long and intimidating, but once it gets moving it goes pretty fast.

I will follow your early check in instructions this time and see how it goes. Where exactly do you do early check-in at the QM? Are there signs?

The Carnival early check-in is at the aft end of the Queen Mary, closest to the Pride. If you start walking toward the Queen Mary from the parking / drop-off area, it will be obvious, they have signs and Carnival employees to direct you.

Listen up guys, Whether you are VIP or Steerage, you still have to check in at the Queen Mary. Earily Bird Special checking from 9:30am to 11:30am, that means if you check in earily you get to stand in ZONE 1, If you check in as a VIP you get to stand in the VIP Already Checked in Line. There is another VIP Not Checked in Clueless Line.:confused:

As everyone start checking in a Second Zone will open up so you can stand and wait.

First ones to board are the Wedding Party, followed by the Special Assistance people, wheel chairs etc. then the VIP's and lastly the Zones. Embarking on the Pride goes pretty fast and easy.

Fred

I've sailed out of this port 5 times, most recently Feb/2007, If you want to do early check in at the queen mary, you can do it. It opens from 8-11am, then you wait around till 12:30 in the lines..

Or if you are flexible and can get to port whenever, then I would suggest if you don't mind getting onboard 1 hr later then the first people get on, then do this - Get to port at 2pm when there are no lines, and just go thru security, then just walk right up to the ship without any lines or extra waiting.

Archived