Camp Carnival under 2

marquez305

I just called Carnival and booked a 3 night cruise on the Fascination. This will be our first cruise with our daughter, who will be 22 months old. The reservationist said that since she was almost 2, to take her to the Camp Carnival orientation and depending on how she is socially, they may accept her in the program.

I wasn't planning on doing this at all, as I thought I had read they are very strict about ages (we are bringing grandma with us so we can have some adult time). Has anyone had any experience with an under 2 at Camp Carnival?

Thank you!

It really depends on your child. Some children that young are not able to be in that type of social situation. My daughter was not ready @ 2.5. We tried to see she if she had any interest in participating, but she didn't. She was not comfortable around a lot of strangers in a strange place. So we just kept her with us.

When our son was one, he participated in the toddler play time(this was scheduled once during the week) and went to the pajama party at night(babysitting) with his older sister while we went out. At 4, my daughter selected activities that she wanted to participate in, but didn't spend an inordinate amount of time at Camp Carnival. She preferred the pool most of the time!

The only activities the child can participate in are the paid babysitting at night or during ports and the open playroom time with you staying with the child. We have taken our daughter on Carnival since she was 9 months old and they will not bend the age limit for under 2. They may let you participate in the family time activities since you with be with your child but none that you are not there for. During the regular scheduled activities you are not permitted in the play area so this excludes your child. I hope I've explained this ok.

I have not experienced this myself, buy I've heard the youth counselors talking with other parents as I've signed my daughter in or out of Camp Carnival......If the child is close to two, some counselors will allow parents to bring the child to Camp Carnival on a trial basis. If the child does well, they may be allowed to stay at other times and participate with the other 2 year-olds. This is entirely up to the counselor who is in charge of Camp Carnival, and may vary from ship to ship. Parents are required to provide diapers and wipes as needed by the child. All I can say is that you might give it a try.....You never know!!! ;)

You can not lie about a child's age, they check the manifest that has everyone's date of birth on it. That is why they don't ask. Trying to lie about the age might get you on the wrong side of the staff from the very beginning.

[quote name='HOSKI']You can not lie about a child's age, they check the manifest that has everyone's date of birth on it. That is why they don't ask. Trying to lie about the age might get you on the wrong side of the staff from the very beginning.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Archived