ankle braclets and NOT getting runs in your hose?

dustyroad

i see the neatest ankle braclets now on all ages of ladies and girls. how do you keep from getting runs in your nylons? do you wear the braclet inside, outside or not at all when wearing your hose :confused: .

I never wear ankle bracelets with hose... just doesn't seem to look right.

If you were maybe planning on wearing nude hose and really wanted to wear one, put over the hose... under it would just look squished and faded. As for it not putting a run in the hose, the only thing I can think of is to get a beaded one on elastic instead of a chain one with a clasp/hook. Or maybe a little piece of tape over the clasp would help. Hopefully the other ladies will have a better suggestion than that!! :)

M

thanks girls

someone i know asked me what they should do in this case. i said i knew just the ladies to help her out. now with your great help she will have to decide how to wear her braclet. thanks

I wear a gold ankle bracelet every day. If I wear hose, I wear it over and I have never had a run caused by the bracelet.

I have to agree, I have worn a small gold chain every day, and the occasional times I wear hose I wear them over it, and have never had a problem.

Judy

I have a pretty, gold ankle bracelet that I wear 24/7 from April pretty much through September (sandal season here). Never gets in the way of my hose because I don't wear hose! I do take it off in the fall when I switch back to socks and boots.

If the rare occasion arose where I needed to wear hose, I'd put my ankle bracelet on the outside of them.

im with you on not wearing hose. i work in a warehouse and the only time i wear them is with a very dressy outfit. my shoes fit better and i feel more dressy. i will let my friend know what the verdict is from all of you '' fashion gals :D '' NO HOSE!!!! :)

Ditch the hose - quickly!. So much more comfortable these days without having to wear them. I'm an executive in the banking industry and wear suits regularly and no-hose has been completely acceptable. Gold anklet gets to stay as well!(The thought of pulling on a pair of hose in 95% humidity is so unappealing)

Agree wih the others - I wear a 14kt gold ankle bracelet 24/7 (I think I've only taken it off a handful of times in the 13 years I've had it!). It's a good sturdy mariner link chain, and during the winter when I do occasionally wear knee-hi hose, the anklet is under them & never causes a problem. No runs or hangs ever.

Archived