Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

JetSkier, do you know the dimensions of a cabin door for a CAT 11 on the Fantasy???? If so, would you please let me know, looking for them to put up decorations!!!!!!!!! Also we were considering taking beads we have here at home to "throw" during the Mardi Gras party/crawl, good idea????

Doors are standard size.....like 30". Reminder not to put anything very valuable as some things sometimes get stolen off doors & nothing that will damage the door.

Ok to take a few beads if you wish. They will be passing out little cheapie beads to everyone. Crowd is sometimes hit or miss. May be a small as 10-20 people or maybe 30 or 40.

I'm new to this board and I have enjoyed reading all the posts.

We sail on the Fantasy June 28.

Y'all are much more knowledgeable so I'll ask here...

We are going to do Self Assist Boarding. When we are sent through to the seating area (where they call out rows to board) is there enough room for our luggage if we're not on the front row? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I can't remember what people did with theirs. Since this is only a 5 day cruise and the only other cruise we took was 4 years ago on the Conquest and we checked ours I thought this might be easier.

Thanks,

Missy

I'm new to this board and I have enjoyed reading all the posts.

We sail on the Fantasy June 28.

Y'all are much more knowledgeable so I'll ask here...

We are going to do Self Assist Boarding. When we are sent through to the seating area (where they call out rows to board) is there enough room for our luggage if we're not on the front row? I know this sounds like a silly question, but I can't remember what people did with theirs. Since this is only a 5 day cruise and the only other cruise we took was 4 years ago on the Conquest and we checked ours I thought this might be easier.

Thanks,

Missy

MESPal.........I'm a little confused by your question..........I haven't sailed out of NOLA for several years, but I've never heard of Carnival having self-assist Boarding? You are restricted to the same small demension carry on baggage as you are in the airport. It all has to fit through a standard xray machine. So unless you are traveling really light with just a carry-on then you'll have to check your bags with a porter......but as I remember it there is plenty of room for each passenger to have carry-ons even if they are not in the front row.

MESPal.........I'm a little confused by your question..........I haven't sailed out of NOLA for several years, but I've never heard of Carnival having self-assist Boarding? You are restricted to the same small demension carry on baggage as you are in the airport. It all has to fit through a standard xray machine. So unless you are traveling really light with just a carry-on then you'll have to check your bags with a porter......but as I remember it there is plenty of room for each passenger to have carry-ons even if they are not in the front row.

I thought about it and you're right. I am only doing self assist when I leave. How stupid did I sound!?

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Missy

Usually they will put the wheelchair bound folks with the VIP's and board them before or with them. You will have to make sure that you identify yourself as needing assistance.

Dave

Thanks for the info! It is on my record with Carnival that I am physically challenged, per my PVP. You are a wealth of info jetskier! If I knew I would see you, I'ld bring you a cheesecake!

We are booked on the Fantasy in August!! Woo hoo!!

After getting the search to work on this thread, I learned we will need to bring a hair dryer (for Mrs McGillicutty and Ms McGillicutty, Ali McG does wash his hair, it is just short so Ali McG doesn't need one.)

Also, just noticed our room has one bunk. We have 2 kids and I didn't request a roll away when I booked (Ali McG didn't realize there was only 1 bunk.) Do I need to request one of do they automatically set one up because there are 4 people?

Later,

Ali McG

After getting the search to work on this thread, I learned we will need to bring a hair dryer (for Mrs McGillicutty and Ms McGillicutty, Ali McG does wash his hair, it is just short so Ali McG doesn't need one.)

Also, just noticed our room has one bunk. We have 2 kids and I didn't request a roll away when I booked (Ali McG didn't realize there was only 1 bunk.) Do I need to request one of do they automatically set one up because there are 4 people?

Later,

Ali McG

They should set one up automatically. But to be sure, check with your room steward so that the proper accomodations are setup.

Dave

Later,

Ali McG

August ???, We are going 8/4. If this is your date then join us on the roll call board!!!!!!!!!

If the kids are little just put them toe to head, LOL. No just kidding. They should accomodate for you.

Hi everyone,

Please excuse this question if it has been asked before -- I've tried to search the thread and the forum and I can't get it to work. We'll be taking our first ever cruise this August:D .

I'm the designated "coordinator" for our mini family reunion trip on the Fantasy 8/14-8/18 to Cozumel. We're all arriving from different parts of the country (Illinois, Maryland, Florida) the day before the cruise and I'm looking for a hotel (moderately priced is preferable, but will be flexible) in New Orleans close enough to the warf/dock so it's not a hassle to get to the cruise. We're mainly a party of adults but there will be one or two children (under 10). Any ideas would be great.

TIA

Hi everyone,

Please excuse this question if it has been asked before -- I've tried to search the thread and the forum and I can't get it to work. We'll be taking our first ever cruise this August:D .

I'm the designated "coordinator" for our mini family reunion trip on the Fantasy 8/14-8/18 to Cozumel. We're all arriving from different parts of the country (Illinois, Maryland, Florida) the day before the cruise and I'm looking for a hotel (moderately priced is preferable, but will be flexible) in New Orleans close enough to the warf/dock so it's not a hassle to get to the cruise. We're mainly a party of adults but there will be one or two children (under 10). Any ideas would be great.

TIA

Holiday Inn French Quarter on Royal is usually reasonably priced. One block from Bourbon Street for the adults. Half block off Canal to streetcar access. McDonalds right around the corner on Canal. Harrah's isn't far either. Riverwalk Mall & kid stuff nearby.

August ???, We are going 8/4. If this is your date then join us on the roll call board!!!!!!!!!

If the kids are little just put them toe to head, LOL. No just kidding. They should accomodate for you.

We're 8/9.......SO DON'T TEAR UP MY BOAT!!

Our kids are 8 and the other will be 7. They probably could sleep head to to toe because they will be so tired they won't care. We sailed the Conquest last year and they had a ball and were lights out the second their heads hit the pillows.

Ali McG

Hi everyone,

TIA

We stayed at the Drury Inn... walking distance to the French Quarter, beautiful area, the prices were VERY reasonable, even during Jazz Fest. The hotel is comparable to Holiday Inn, or something of that level. They had free hot breakfast each morning and free cocktails/beer each night in the lobby. Staff were friendly, the room was always clean - I HIGHLY recommend it. I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in NOLA.

We stayed at the Drury Inn... walking distance to the French Quarter, beautiful area, the prices were VERY reasonable, even during Jazz Fest. The hotel is comparable to Holiday Inn, or something of that level. They had free hot breakfast each morning and free cocktails/beer each night in the lobby. Staff were friendly, the room was always clean - I HIGHLY recommend it. I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in NOLA.

Sorry! I forgot.... It was a flat rate of $7 per person to get cab from the hotel to the port. We just called the front desk in the morning and they arranged it for us.

We're 8/9.......SO DON'T TEAR UP MY BOAT!!

Our kids are 8 and the other will be 7. They probably could sleep head to to toe because they will be so tired they won't care. We sailed the Conquest last year and they had a ball and were lights out the second their heads hit the pillows.

Ali McG

AHHH Man, that was going to be my first priority!!!!!!! I will wave to you as you are boarding, NOT:mad: . I will be the one they are trying to pry off the boat, LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion -- Looks like the most reasonable and we'll check them out.

The last cruise we went on out of NOLA we had a hard time with signs all the way from I-10 leading to the dock/parking area. Does anyone have great directions from I-10 from Biloxi?

Thanks in advance.

Missy

The last cruise we went on out of NOLA we had a hard time with signs all the way from I-10 leading to the dock/parking area. Does anyone have great directions from I-10 from Biloxi?

Thanks in advance.

Missy

I-10 West

Take US Hwy 90 West (get into the left lane)

Exit 11C Tchoupitoulas and St. Peter St. (get in the right lane)

As you come off the bridge get in the right lane at the first traffic light. As you go through the traffic light get in the far right lane.

At the next traffic light (Tchoupitoulas St) turn right. Get in the left lane.

At the next traffic light (Henderson St) turn left. Go all the way to the end of the street, cross the railroad tracks and turn left.

Just remember that the turn for the parking garage is BEFORE you get to the terminal on the right.

Dave

Hi everyone,

TIA

We are staying at the Hotel New Orleans Convention Center. I think the rate is $59 + $15 for a roll away bed. We booked this online. You are suppose to be able to see the port from the hotel or be in walking distance from the cruise terminal. We have a 14 y/o son also. We will be taking the trolley down to Jackson Square so no more driving once we get parked till time to park in the garage for the cruise.

I-10 West

Take US Hwy 90 West (get into the left lane)

Exit 11C Tchoupitoulas and St. Peter St. (get in the right lane)

As you come off the bridge get in the right lane at the first traffic light. As you go through the traffic light get in the far right lane.

At the next traffic light (Tchoupitoulas St) turn right. Get in the left lane.

At the next traffic light (Henderson St) turn left. Go all the way to the end of the street, cross the railroad tracks and turn left.

Just remember that the turn for the parking garage is BEFORE you get to the terminal on the right.

Dave

Thank you so much, Dave.

I really appreciate it!!

Missy

Archived