Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

question for y'all.

a friend of mine suggested that i pack all of our clothes half in half in two suit cases,,,,just incase one got lost and didn't make it to the room...

anyone had trouble with Fantasy loosing luggage and not getting it???

trying to get ALL (yes, i always over pack) of our clothes into the suitcases and seems like a hassel to me to mix all of the up with four of us going....

feedback?????

You are more likely for the airlines to lose it than the port. Unless you were the unlucky ones on my Elation cruise in Galveston when one of the luggage carriers went into the water. They retrieved most of the luggage. I was in a panic that night as my dive bag had not made it to the room. It finally did at 9pm safe and dry.

Dave

Hey Lezlee,

I have two booked for Sept.:D Maybe I will see you on one of them.

Dave

Would love to cruise with you again, Dave but alas....we can't go in September. We leave on 9/18 for Rome to do the Freedom and will be doing pre and post cruise in Rome so we'll be gone for 3 weeks all total. I ended up with 33 people in our Cruise Critic group for that cruise! I have almost talked myself into not going on any after that until our April 08 cruise out of San Diego doing the Riviera. I really don't need to take any more time off work but I really like to cruise sometime in December as well. We'll see....

As for luggage problems on Fantasy - never. In fact, we've never had a problem on any cruise. On Fantasy, we normally board before noon and have our luggage by around 2pm! Airlines are another story.

i have 2 copies of my birth certificate. They are both Louisiana issued and both have seals. I have used one of them before when cruising but dont remember which one. my question is that although they are both raised seals they are on the official paper but the birth certificate is actually copied on to that paper (with the border that says State of Louisiana) It says that this record is valid for birth only and it is numbered.

Should this be a good birth certificate or should i go and get another copy my fourth?? one of my copies is with my passport application. going on 12 weeks now.

I noticed that you sailed on the Miracle and Fantasy. How do they compare to each other? We sailed on the Miracle this past Thanksgiving 2006 and are looking at booking on the Fantasy October 6, 2007. We really liked the Miracle and we were wondering if we would be disappointed with the Fantasy?

You are more likely for the airlines to lose it than the port. Unless you were the unlucky ones on my Elation cruise in Galveston when one of the luggage carriers went into the water. They retrieved most of the luggage. I was in a panic that night as my dive bag had not made it to the room. It finally did at 9pm safe and dry.

Dave

Dave, you make me feel better about the luggage but are you really serious that they dropped it into the water??????? PANIC...that would be putting it mild if it had been me. I can't believe that could happen. i'm still in shock...

with us driving and not having to do airports, I think i will still play it safe and split it up.

in case i don't hear from you before we leave tomorrow am for the drive to NO

it's been very nice having you here...yes, i have the print out in bag about the secret door. i'll be checking in when we get back and letting you all know how our first cruise went..

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU HERE AT CC FOR BEING SUCH A BIG HELP!

Dave

Dave, I asked my DH to come read what you had posted about the luggage...What a look on his face. "most of the luggage" Tell us more about what happened and how it happened....

Ever since they lost some of our luggage on a spring break we have packed 1/3 of sons, husbands and my stuff in each bag to check at the airport. We also now carry one change of clothes for each with meds, etc in a carry on bag for plane. Its a pain to pack that way and as soon as we get on the ship we unpack and separate - going home everyone piles their own stuff in their own bag.

Yes, there's a sushi bar. :)

...and it doesn't have the extras of the new ships such as the... fish & chips, ...

No fish & chips available every day? Which ships do I have to book on to be able to get fish & chips every day?

Others can have their burgers, but I will take the Fish & chips! :)

Ever since they lost some of our luggage on a spring break we have packed 1/3 of sons, husbands and my stuff in each bag to check at the airport. We also now carry one change of clothes for each with meds, etc in a carry on bag for plane. Its a pain to pack that way and as soon as we get on the ship we unpack and separate - going home everyone piles their own stuff in their own bag.

thanks for the advise...yes it was a pain but just to be on the safe side i split it all up....better to be safe than sorry...

yes going to unpack and move in first day...coming home it's a free for all!!!

Dave, I asked my DH to come read what you had posted about the luggage...What a look on his face. "most of the luggage" Tell us more about what happened and how it happened....

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you, it is both firework and jetski repair season and I am bouncing between both at the moment.

They were pushing the luggage bins with the forklift and accidently shoved one off the pier. Some of the luggage floated, others did not. They sent a small boat down to retrieve those that were floating and had a diver go down to retrieve some of the rest.

Dave

in case i don't hear from you before we leave tomorrow am for the drive to NO

it's been very nice having you here...yes, i have the print out in bag about the secret door. i'll be checking in when we get back and letting you all know how our first cruise went..

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU HERE AT CC FOR BEING SUCH A BIG HELP!

No problem at all. It helps me pass the time before my next cruise. IS IT TIME TO GO YET? :)

Dave

We're cruising on the Fantasy for the first time in October. The last cruise we took was on the Carnival Miracle and had a oceanview room on the Riveria deck. This time we have the choice of either oceanview room E47, U159, or U189. We have two small children so we want something close to an elevator near the rear elevator. There are also several available rooms on the Main deck. What do you think would be the best room that would fit our needs? Is the Fantasy a nice ship because I've heard mixed reviews?

Carnival Miracle Thanksgiving 2006

Are the balcony suite rooms worth the extra $$ on a 5 day cruise? We've been on several cruises and have a 5 day Western Caribbean Cruise booked. I'm considering upgrading to a balcony, but the cost is quite a bit different (like twice the cost). Most of the time we do ocean view because we just don't spend that much time in the room.

We're cruising on the Fantasy for the first time in October. The last cruise we took was on the Carnival Miracle and had a oceanview room on the Riveria deck. This time we have the choice of either oceanview room E47, U159, or U189. We have two small children so we want something close to an elevator near the rear elevator. There are also several available rooms on the Main deck. What do you think would be the best room that would fit our needs? Is the Fantasy a nice ship because I've heard mixed reviews?

Carnival Miracle Thanksgiving 2006

We will be going on the Fantasy(10/11/07) as you return. I have never been on the Fantasy but have been on other Fantasy class ships(Sensation, Fascination, Imagination) and have not been disappointed in a single one. As far as cabins if you want to be near the rear of the ship sounds like U189 will get you towards the rear.

Are the balcony suite rooms worth the extra $$ on a 5 day cruise? We've been on several cruises and have a 5 day Western Caribbean Cruise booked. I'm considering upgrading to a balcony, but the cost is quite a bit different (like twice the cost). Most of the time we do ocean view because we just don't spend that much time in the room.

We had a balcony on our lfirst 2 cruises, both 5 nighters. If you have never had a balcony then you don't miss it, we on the other hand hated our OV on last years cruise. We are back to a balcony, even though it meant the price of a suite, those aren't bad either!!!

We had a balcony on our lfirst 2 cruises, both 5 nighters. If you have never had a balcony then you don't miss it, we on the other hand hated our OV on last years cruise. We are back to a balcony, even though it meant the price of a suite, those aren't bad either!!!

I could be wrong, but aren't these suites, not regular balconys on the Ecstasy. I was under the impression they do not have regular balconys on this ship. So, thats why the prices seem so extra high to you. Look at the suite price and you will see it is the same price as the balcony price on this ship.

...and it doesn't have the extras of the new ships such as the... fish & chips, ...

No fish & chips available every day? Which ships do I have to book on to be able to get fish & chips every day?

Others can have their burgers, but I will take the Fish & chips! :)

conquest has fish and chips. the deck above lido, look for sur mer or some name like that, thats the fish and chips.

We will be going on the Fantasy(10/11/07) as you return. I have never been on the Fantasy but have been on other Fantasy class ships(Sensation, Fascination, Imagination) and have not been disappointed in a single one. As far as cabins if you want to be near the rear of the ship sounds like U189 will get you towards the rear.

Thanks!

Just booked the Fantasy 12/29/2006. What a way to sepnd New Years Eve!!

Can ya'll tell I really like the Fantasy? 5th time in 3 years-but that still does not beat Jetskiers record I am sure. I am trying to catch up to him tho.

Just because I was on her 3 times in 3 months. :D It will be #4 Sept 17th. So actually you will be ahead of me by the number of times.:) Now the Holiday is another story.

Dave

Oh Dave-just another reason for your and your bride to book for NYE. That way we will be even.

I love the Holiday also-another nice drive from Memphis. I have been on the Holiday 3 times. So you do have me beat on that one. Conquest was 3 times and I am so looking forward to another ship coming to NOLA. I debated doing the NCL ship out of NOLA but I am a Carnival girl at heart.

We have done 4 NCL cruises and I always come back to Carnival.

Can Any one tell me if these rooms are in a good location? We booked Gtys and these are the ones we were assigned. Thanks, Mike And Dana

They are basically midship about 9 cabins from the front elevators and about 14 from the first back elevators. I'd take them.

I think you did good.

Kathy

Archived