Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

You can look up what ships will be docking on certain days in certain ports on this website: http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn3/

Also, I would love to see the recent capers from the Fantasy (5 night) or Camp Carnival or teen activites or menus from the ship on those nights, anything, I would be happy to read/see anything about it. It makes me look forward to it all the more.;)

Hi, anyone ever stay in cabin U100 or U135? Both are inside cabins. We are going out of NOLA in August. I love CC and thanks for all the information.:)

Personally I would choose U135 over U100. I wouldn't want to see into those huge penthouse suites across the hall while going into my cubical. Besides, the sidewise cabins look so weird to me. It feels more like an oversized closet.

WE loved it so much the first time we booked the same room and the same trip a second time. The ship is small enough you don't have to walk the length of a football field every time you want to leave your room. Even tho it's not the newest, it's clean and well maintained, the food was just wonderful and the staff was MOST accommodating! No complaints whatsoever!!

Hi, anyone ever stay in cabin U100 or U135? Both are inside cabins. We are going out of NOLA in August. I love CC and thanks for all the information.:)

I just stayed in U142 in Jan. Great location & awesome cabin steward named Sherwin. Down the hall one way to Lobby. Go the other direction for easy access to back dining room or up to Lido deck.

What time will they actually let you board the ship? We should begetting to the port about 11:30. Will they let us board shortly thereafter or will we be waiting until later?

They started letting us board at 11:00 in January. Depends on ship arrival time & when it clears Customs.

Is there a charge for sushi at the sushi bar?

Out of the 7 day menus, which ones are not used for a 5 day cruise?

There's no charge for sushi. I can't remember the menus, but I remember dessert! I can tell you for sure that you can definitely get Bitter and Blanc, as well as the Grand Marnier souffle.

What time will they actually let you board the ship? We should begetting to the port about 11:30. Will they let us board shortly thereafter or will we be waiting until later?

We were on the ship enjoying a Fun Ship Special at 11:30. I remember this clearly, because I was laughing at myself for drinking before noon!

There's no charge for sushi. I can't remember the menus, but I remember dessert! I can tell you for sure that you can definitely get Bitter and Blanc, as well as the Grand Marnier souffle.

Thanks! I can't wait for the dessets! :)

I thought I read somewhere that Cozumel lost its dock the last hurricane, but I am not sure if its the same stop that the Fantasy makes? Good question.

I just got our DOC's for April 2nd, we booked a R Guarantee and received U192, is this good location anyone?

Thanks!:D

Did you dock or tender in Cozumel?

We tendered. If you're arriving at Puerta Maya like we did, tendering is the only option because as beach410 said, the pier was completely destroyed during Wilma. They do have another pier (maybe two more--not sure), so *somebody* gets to dock--but it wasn't us. BTW, the day we were there, 7 ships were in port! :eek:

I think all of you will enjoy the Fantasy; we sure did! The decor was just gorgeous, the crew was awesome, and there was always plenty to do on sea days. I hope we can do the same itinerary again next year.

I thought I read somewhere that Cozumel lost its dock the last hurricane, but I am not sure if its the same stop that the Fantasy makes? Good question.

If there are a lot of ships in Cozumel that day you will have to go to the destroyed Puerta Maya, Carnival owned pier, if there are only 2-3 ships in port that day, you may get lucky and they will go to the international pier and dock and you will not have to tender. If you go to www.cruisecal.com and look up Fantasy and the dates that you will be in Cozumel, it will show all ships scheduled to be in Cozumel that day and should give you an idea if you will get that precious pier spot or not....:)

If there are a lot of ships in Cozumel that day you will have to go to the destroyed Puerta Maya, Carnival owned pier, if there are only 2-3 ships in port that day, you may get lucky and they will go to the international pier and dock and you will not have to tender. If you go to www.cruisecal.com and look up Fantasy and the dates that you will be in Cozumel, it will show all ships scheduled to be in Cozumel that day and should give you an idea if you will get that precious pier spot or not....:)
thanks! looks like the ecstacy is the only other ship in port the day we will be there...so i guess we will get the international pier! :)

The FANTASY is a wonderful ship. My first sail was July 2004. My now husband, proposed to me on that cruise. We went back on the Fantasy in May 2005 for our honeymoon. WE absolutely love this ship. The staff were great, the food was great, (My husband had to try everything on the menu) We even had the same waiter on both cruises! His name was Marvin and he helped my husband arrange his "proposal" on formal night and we were surprised to have him on our honeymoon! The BEDS are wonderful! So comfortable. We sailed in the Bahamas. We are sailing the Inspiration and the Sensation this coming summer and are really looking forward to it. We wanted to sail Fantasy again but they changed ports and are now in New Orleans. You will love this ship! The ship is really easy to navigate around on too. HAVE FUN!

The FANTASY is a wonderful ship. My first sail was July 2004. My now husband, proposed to me on that cruise. We went back on the Fantasy in May 2005 for our honeymoon. WE absolutely love this ship. The staff were great, the food was great, (My husband had to try everything on the menu) We even had the same waiter on both cruises! His name was Marvin and he helped my husband arrange his "proposal" on formal night and we were surprised to have him on our honeymoon! The BEDS are wonderful! So comfortable. We sailed in the Bahamas. We are sailing the Inspiration and the Sensation this coming summer and are really looking forward to it. We wanted to sail Fantasy again but they changed ports and are now in New Orleans. You will love this ship! The ship is really easy to navigate around on too. HAVE FUN!

We were on the Sensation in 2005 and we loved it as well. I hope that you will find it as much fun as we did and I hope that the Fantasy leaves us with good memories as it did you.;) Of course, any cruise is better than a day on the farm! haha :D

Good info, thanks. Looks like there will be a total of 6 different ships :eek: the day we are there, we will be tendering, o well.

Just remember to go get your tender tickets as early as allowed, so you can be off of the ship and enjoying your day or getting to your excursions etc...;)

Archived