X1 Drinks Package - Costa Classica

Greenland04

Have finally managed to book the X1 drinks package. My TA didn't know about it and COSTA denied all knowledge. The TA finally found someone at COSTA who was aware but it took all day to book. Nothing showing against my booking ref. but assured it will be on the final documents - just hope so!

So don't give up if you want this deal! Not everyone in the party has to book unlike Thomson.

Hi Greenland,

Do you know who your TA talked with about the X1 card, or what department she went through to find someone?

Exactly what does the X1 drink pkg include? And, how much is it. I had heard $11 per day pp. Is that about right.

Is this available on any other ships that Carvival owns or is just the Costa ships?

Thanks,

Alice in New Smyrna Beach

Hi!

I am traveling on the Magica March 18, AND I happen to be a travel agent. I have booked Costa for clients (but not sailed on them myself), and I had no idea about this "X1" plan. I found out about it here on the boards (gotta love cruisecritic.com - I always refer my clients here). I looked all through the Costa website, and couldn't find a thing. Then, I logged into the Costa Travel Agent site (for travel agents only) and I was able to find the information under group concessions, and then Caribbean Special Services (I had to dig). Here is that information, and information about the other beverage packages they offer (fyi - I asked what size the bottled waters are, and they didn't know) (scroll down after you read the information - I have more information for you):

Drink Packages

Wine Package Classic Selection

5 bottles of Italian wines, 10 bottles of mineral water and 1 bottle of Italian Spumante: $144.90* U.S.» 1 Vernaccia di S. Gimignano doc "Rocca delle Macie"

» 1 Soave Classico doc "Pasqua"

» 1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc "Ricci Curbastro"

» 1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis "Fantinel"

» 1 Dolcetto d'Albo doc "Beni di Batasiolo"

» 10 bottles of water

» 1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"

Wine Package Special Selection

5 bottles of superior quality Italian wines, 10 bottles of water and 1 bottle of Italian Spumante:$159.00* U.S.» Pinot Grigio doc Collio "Fantinel"

» 1 Possessioni Rosso Serego Alighieri "Masi"

» 1 Chianti Classico docg "Rocca delle Macie"

» 1 Gavi di Gavi docg "Fontanafredda"

» 1 Cabernet Sauvignon Morago "Pasqua"

» 10 bottles of water

» 1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"

Wine Package Rossi Selection

6 bottles of red wine and 10 bottles of water:$149.89* U.S.» 1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc "Ricci Curbastro"

» 1 Dolcetto d'Albo doc "Beni di Batasiolo"

» 1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis "Fantinel"

» 1 Chianti Classico docg "Rocca delle Macie"

» 1 Possessioni Rosso Serego Alighieri "Masi"

» 1 Cabernet Frac Grave "Cabert"

» 10 bottles of water

Wine Package Bianchi Selection

6 bottles of white wine and 10 bottles of water:$149.89* U.S.» 1 Soave Classico doc "Pasqua"

» 1 Vernaccia di S. Gimignano doc "Rocca delle Macie"

» 1 Pinot Grigio doc Collio "Fantinel"

» 1 Gavi di Gavi docg "Fontanafredda"

» 1 Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi doc "Fazi Battaglia"

» 1 Roero Arneis doc Daivej "Deltetto"

» 10 bottles of water

Water Package

13 bottles of sparkling or natural water$32.89* U.S.Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)

Lunch and dinner beverage package by the glass:$11.40* U.S.» Beverage package can be ordered and paid before the cruise only and is for Individual Guests only (Specialty restaurants not included).

» X1 code will be printed on the passenger's Costa Badge.

» Includes white and red wines or draft beer, soft drinks, bottled water, all served by the glass in the Main Restaurant or Self-Service Restaurant during lunch and dinner.

Boys and Girls Card

20 non-alcoholic drinks, selections include:$59.00* U.S.» Soft drinks

» Virgin Delights

» Fresh squeezed citrus fruits

» Iced tea

» Milk shake with fresh fruit

» Assorted juices

» Syrups

I was able to call Costa Reservations directly and book the X1 package for myself. They took my credit card for payment right over the phone. If you want a receipt, ask them to fax you confirmation. If you booked through a TA, then ask your TA for confirmation. Costa is obsessive about faxing confirmations to TA's (I've had a new one faxed to myself without requesting it every day since I booked!) When you get this confirmation, it won't specifically say "X1 Beverage Package", but it will show the payment (for 7 days, it's $159 and change) under "other".

Let me know if you need any help or if you have any questions... or if you happen to be looking for a good TA. :-)

I booked the "X1" package for us through our TA without issue. She just called them and requested it and I paid right there over the phone for it.

I didn't know if I needed to get a confirmation. Hope I don't need one cause I forgot to ask. :)

I booked the x1 via my hotwire TA. 79.90 per person. No problem there.

Does anyone know what times they consider lunch and dinner? I'm wondering if I can sit and drink beer at the buffet until my late seating dinner? Also how long can I sit by the pool drinking beer in the afternoon?

I think this is a very good deal.

Cheers!

Hey Brad -

I read somewhere on these boards that someone using the X1 plan was able to use it at the pool bar, and in the restaurants and bars - but not lounges or the theatre (what does the ship consider to be the difference between a lounge and bar? I don't know). The hours they used it were between 11:30 - 2:30, and then again 7:30 - around 10:00.

I debated whether this plan was a deal or not - so I thought about it quite a bit. The same poster I referenced above mentioned that the cost of two sodas (Diet Coke in my world!) was $5.75 (inc. tip) so I figure even if they are strict about it and only let us use it when we are at a meal, you'd only have to have two sodas per day to break even. Add a glass of wine or beer to that - you'd definitely come out ahead. I was thinking the same thing - how long can I milk this out at the pool, and in the evenings when I'm ready for a drink (or 10)?! I guess a lot of it probably depends on the ship, the sailing, the waiter, etc.

Hi all! We were on the Magica 2/11 Western Caribbean cruise - see my complete review under Members Cruise Reviews.

X1 Drink Package: Can be ordered thru travel agent or Costa at least 14 days in advance – it’s under “special services” as the X1 individual beverage package – comes out to $11.40 per person per day and includes soda, mineral water (natural and sparkling), red wine, white wine, and beer – all by the glass during lunch and dinner only. Must be paid for with a credit card at time of ordering. Your cabin card will say x1 on it. All staff that we dealt with knew X1 - wine & beer + sparkling water at dinner saved us a ton! We had 2 sodas at the pool bar during lunchtime and were charged the full price of $5.75 ($2.50 per can + tip) - (yes, they gave us a glass of ice and a can of soda) - I checked our folio account on the TV each night and saw that we were charged for the soda and was going to say something, but forgot and when I checked the next night, it had been removed. We used the x1 at any pool side bar or restaurant from 11:30am - 2:30pm and again from 7:30pm til at least 10:00 many nights. We had the late seating, so stopped at the pool bar for a drink before dinner. At dinner, our waiters kept a bottle of each handy and just kept refilling! No problems in getting served, again and again! White wine was chardonnay - I'm sure not the best but was just fine. Can't use it in the lounges or the theater.

msboo18!

Yours was the post I read that I found so helpful - and the one that I quoted here. I hope I didn't misquote you - I was digging around quite a bit for information on the X1. Your original post was really helpful - thanks for taking the time.

So you were pretty much able to use the X1 anywhere (except for lounges and theater) during the hours you mentioned? Was there a specific pool bar where you could use it, or did it not matter? Did you use it anywhere else outside of lunch or dinner? I assume you could also use it at the buffet?

Thanks again!

We used the x1 the minute we boarded at the buffet around 2:30 or so. We tried at various bars and were told either no, or wait until 7:30. I imagine if you have the early seating you can get it in the restaurant then at either of the pool bars until late in the evening. We didn't try the pool bars after dinner but we were at dinner until 10:30 some night just whopping it up with our great tablemates! We did get drinks around 11am at one of the pool bars with no problem - guess it depends on the bar tender. Just the soda and sparkling water was worth the $11.40/day (because that included the tip and at $2.50 a soda that adds up fast!) so the beer and wine were free (my way of looking at it:) )! I don't know how much they poured when you purchased the wine by the glass, but they started pouring only a small amount in the glass until they realized they would just have to keep coming back to refill, so they started pouring good size portions!

Archived