Bringing alcohol on board

ONaquest99

It has been about five years since I last cruised... sad I know. However, I am in the process of booking one. When I last went we snuck alcohol on board in our checked luggage. We bought a couple of plastic bottles of whiskey. It worked great. For any of you who know, how does this work these days? I have no problem buying drinks on the ship, but it does get costly, and it is nice to have the ability to have a drink in the room.

Additionally, when we last cruised Carnival's policy allowed for two bottles of wine or champagne in your carry on if you were celebrating a special occasion. Is this still true? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

We just returned from a week on Carnival Conquest. We (two couples) took aboard 10 bottles of champagne, 2 bottles of good dinner wine, a bottle of port and a bottle of liqueur. While they say they don't allow it, they didn't say a word to us, and the steward filled our ice chest with ice each day for the champagne, as well as furnishing us champagne glasses. They do want you to buy your drinks from them, and we did that too, but they didn't make an issue of it.

texsailor, you are completely right! besides wine and champagne we always take grey goose, vermouth, olives & onions, port and brandy. never have a problem even on NCL. checked only, no carryon

Bon Voyage is part of Carnival. And conveniently they do NOT have a price list easily available. So I had to prod the lady for what I like to drink. But it is so much easier than trying to sneek a bottle on board.

FF

We don't sneak booze, not a single drop. We sneak Dr. Pepper and Mtn Dew. They don't lose my soda business over it either, because I will just drink water, milk, and fruit juice over the meager Coke, Dt Coke, and Sprite selection.

At the Destiny port they sell booze and the workers at the port say that this is the only port you can bring in with you as long as it is your carry on bag... they xray the bag and see it in there and no one says a word... I know that the cruise line makes major money on drinks even with all the booze that pax take on board....any time I passed a bar it was packed so I dont see what the big deal is with bringing in booze... I did and still bought a few DOD's

We don't sneak booze, not a single drop. We sneak Dr. Pepper and Mtn Dew. They don't lose my soda business over it either, because I will just drink water, milk, and fruit juice over the meager Coke, Dt Coke, and Sprite selection.

I'm with you I take a pack for my DH of regular and I love all the new Dr. Pepper flavors of diet. I also take water on and refill them from the lido deck.

Archived