Souffles? Best? Most?

pansygirl

Who has the best or maybe just the most souffles? I've been on all the major lines and it seems to me Princess had more than the others. I adore hot desserts.

Does HAL still do Bannanas Foster tableside?

I agree that Princess does souffles the best. We had 4 very perfect ones on our 7 night cruise. We had hazelnut with chocolate sauce, gran marnier, passion fruit, and mocha with tia maria. Years ago we did a 14 night cruise on Princess and they served a perfect souffle all 14 nights!

HAL does do the flambeas but not tableside. I was told the regulations have changed so that they must prepare in special spots with ventilation and high ceilings. Also on the Volendam, they had the tray of desserts right by the door so that you could see them before you were seated to know what you might want that evening.

Happy Memories.

I would also agree. Of the lines I have sailed Princess does the most soufflés by far. When I took a 14-night Australia/New Zealand cruise they had a soufflé for dessert every night in the dining room. I actually was worried going to a specialty restaurant that I was gonna miss one of the soufflés - they are my favorite food on a cruise ship.

Now this is a thread I love. Souffles are among my most favourite food items.

I found the souffles on board the QE2 delicious. Even though they were not on the menu every night I special ordered them often. One can choose which ever kind one likes and it is perfectly prepared.

I don't know who does them the best, but Princess does them the most, and they're good. I had a souffle for dessert virtually every night (although that poster who talked about the goat cheese souffle on Celebrity has left me severely dissatisfied with my own dinner tonight...that just sounds yummy).

My first taste of souffles was on Ocean Village in James Martin's restaurant, they were the double baked emmental ones, very good, I would say the best I have had, but do agree Princess do the best variety and the QE2 ones are good also.

• 2 weeks later...
Who has the best or maybe just the most souffles? I've been on all the major lines and it seems to me Princess had more than the others. I adore hot desserts.

Does HAL still do Bannanas Foster tableside?

Palo on the Disney ships. They were so good and the warm sauces they put in side were great. :D

• 3 weeks later...

We just recently returned from the NCL Pearl and They had a dfferent souffle EVERY night . I wasn't in the main dining room every night -but sampled quite a few and they were by far the best . The rest of the food was not as great as other lines but certainly not like we heard about NCL before we left. We always enjoyed our meals but especially those souffle's!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived