The Long Awaited Review - Pacific Star R640

Star-Man

Wow, what a small world it is then :D I had a suspicion that it was you after seeing the pic you posted in the putting a face to the name thread, i recognised the necklace.

Fox, thanks. Cruises for me are the thing i prefer to spend my money on (they also give me something to save for), so i like to make the most of them. Although my 18th birthday cruise may involve a little booze and some partying, just because of the occasion :cool: but i promise i wont party too hard.

mate go for it you desreve it.:)

Wow, what a small world it is then :D I had a suspicion that it was you after seeing the pic you posted in the putting a face to the name thread, i recognised the necklace.

Fox, thanks. Cruises for me are the thing i prefer to spend my money on (they also give me something to save for), so i like to make the most of them. Although my 18th birthday cruise may involve a little booze and some partying, just because of the occasion :cool: but i promise i wont party too hard.

It is indeed a small world!

We've almost decided that we'll be spending my birthday on Pacific Star this year!! Just working out whether to book it now or wait a bit and see if any specials appear.

That sounds great Kym. Personally id book early, just so i knew what cabin number i had and also for the chance of scoring a free upgrade.

But this time, im hoping to get some cheap prices through a "contact" of mine. They have offered me some dirt cheap deals these past few months and if i was 18 at least, i would have jumped at them.

That sounds great Kym. Personally id book early, just so i knew what cabin number i had and also for the chance of scoring a free upgrade.

But this time, im hoping to get some cheap prices through a "contact" of mine. They have offered me some dirt cheap deals these past few months and if i was 18 at least, i would have jumped at them.

We probably will book soon. We want to try and get a cabin close to where we were last time - mid ships, outside on Caribe Deck.

If we do go, my birthday will be the day of the 2nd formal night - good excuse to get dressed up for my birhday!!

Its great timing isnt it. Mine will be the first formal night, so we get dressed up, go to a "fancy" restaurant, see a show and then follow it up with karaoke.

I dont know if it would be much different, but if you get the choice, try midships on Baja deck. Being right in the middle of the ship and that bit closer to the entertainment was quite good. It wasnt hard to get up top by the stairs either (i think i used the lift twice)

Its great timing isnt it. Mine will be the first formal night, so we get dressed up, go to a "fancy" restaurant, see a show and then follow it up with karaoke.

I dont know if it would be much different, but if you get the choice, try midships on Baja deck. Being right in the middle of the ship and that bit closer to the entertainment was quite good. It wasnt hard to get up top by the stairs either (i think i used the lift twice)

We quite liked Caribe Deck - especially as we mostly used the stairs, so the excercise was good!! After 12 days of non stop eating and drinking on the last cruise we needed all the excercise we could get :)

What date is your 18th Star-man?

We went on a cruise last year and our daughter was 16.5 yrs, she found it the same as you, fantastic.

And I agree about security, she stayed out one night a little too late, though it was mainly our fault because we did not give her a time to be back in the cabin. When we went looking for her and the group she was with, the security people knew exactly where they were.

She would like to go on another cruise for her 18th in September (got to persuade her Dad), but I told her she can't go with out me because I enjoyed it too much.

Wonderful re-view, refreshing and informative from a young persons view on things.

Thanks Val

What date is your 18th Star-man?

We went on a cruise last year and our daughter was 16.5 yrs, she found it the same as you, fantastic.

And I agree about security, she stayed out one night a little too late, though it was mainly our fault because we did not give her a time to be back in the cabin. When we went looking for her and the group she was with, the security people knew exactly where they were.

She would like to go on another cruise for her 18th in September (got to persuade her Dad), but I told her she can't go with out me because I enjoyed it too much.

Wonderful re-view, refreshing and informative from a young persons view on things.

Thanks Val

My birthday is the 23rd and the cruise we are doing for it leaves the day before. We just aren't to sure about whether the uni people going with us will have time off then or not.

And yeah, the security were great. By the end of the cruise, we had gotten to know nearly all of them by first name.

I think the reason that we (and the other people our age that we met) enjoyed this cruise so much was because we had no parents with us. We had no set time to be back at night or anything like that. We just took it at our own pace. Everyones parents didnt mind if their kids were out late after the first couple of nights because they knew that they were with us and not getting into any trouble.

Who is currently the cruise director on Pacific Star?

We were on the Pacific Star which cruised on March 3. The cruise director at the moment is Chris Nichol, (he has only just returned as cruise director starting with our cruise).

• 3 weeks later...

hey. good review. finally another young persons opinion! i love cruising but have only cruised with my parents and younger sister. i really want to go on a cruise with my friends and luckily they also love cruising! yeah to young people cruising- its not just for old people!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this is extremely old but what the hell. If you both were still thinking about it, what date would it be? I have a great deal* sitting on the table and it is too good to go to waste (given that my friends all backed out).

Email me if you are still thinking about it, srsam@tpg.com.au

*by great deal i mean less than half price for an outside and even less for an inside cabin.

ps. if the last bit isnt supposed to be posted here, a mod can delete it if they wish.

Archived