Fountain Fun Card

Ninnykays

If you are only going to drink 12, just bring them from home... I guess the soda cards are good for those that drink ALOT of soda... but it's about $6.50+ per day (for the adult card)? Something like that...

I think it's more than worth it. I don't want to carry drinks (I have enough luggage thank you) and I like just ordering one when i'm out and about and not have to run back to my cabin to grab a drink.

I'm on vacation, I know i'm going to be paying more for conveniences, but i've budgeted for it :)

I got one and it was worth it. One tip...you dont have to get one per person. Get one for the family and use it for each member. Of course you cant go to the bar and order four sodas at one time, but you dont all need a new soda at once.

$45.00 for a 7 day cruise.

Sharing a card? You can only get one soda at a time-- so only one person can drink soda at dinner.

We take our own 12 packs of soda onboard. 90 bucks for us as a couple is a lot of money jsut for soda for one week. considering we wont be drinking soda on the days we are in port-- or find a place to get a soda on the last day while waiting to get off. (for us its just not worth it)

Sharing a card? You can only get one soda at a time-- so only one person can drink soda at dinner.

Not a prob at dinner, kids drink milk at meals and hubby and I will want a glass of wine at dinner. Other than that, he drinks iced tea which is included.

DO NOT BUY THE CARD UNTIL YOU ARE OUT TO SEA! WAIT UNTIL THE SHIP OPENS ITS' TAX FREE SHOPS AND THEN BUY YOUR CARD. We bought one when we got aboard (for the first time) beacuse we saw the little booths everywhere. When we got to our cabin I looked at our account to make sure our Fun Ship credit was there and realized there was a 15% Miami tax on the Soda Card. It is already expensive enough and already includes a 15% gratituty. I immediately went to the Pursers desk and returned it and received a credit. I said they should tell people you can wait and buy it later and save the 15% tax. So I am telling you. If you have the soda card you get about 3/4 of a can of soda per request in a bar glass. If you buy a soda you get the whole can plus a glass of ice for $2.01 (including the tip). So it will depend on how much you drink. We decided we were better off having turned it in.

DO NOT BUY THE CARD UNTIL YOU ARE OUT TO SEA! WAIT UNTIL THE SHIP OPENS ITS' TAX FREE SHOPS AND THEN BUY YOUR CARD. We bought one when we got aboard (for the first time) beacuse we saw the little booths everywhere. When we got to our cabin I looked at our account to make sure our Fun Ship credit was there and realized there was a 15% Miami tax on the Soda Card. It is already expensive enough and already includes a 15% gratituty. I immediately went to the Pursers desk and returned it and received a credit. I said they should tell people you can wait and buy it later and save the 15% tax. So I am telling you. If you have the soda card you get about 3/4 of a can of soda per request in a bar glass. If you buy a soda you get the whole can plus a glass of ice for $2.01 (including the tip). So it will depend on how much you drink. We decided we were better off having turned it in.

Not just coke cards, they also charge tax on alcohol when you are still in port in the States that charge sales tax. I thought that was common knowledge.....

It was $44 (plus gratuity) for an adult card on our Legend 8 night cruise and $32 for kids -- at least according to the Capers I have in front of me. We never get them for ourselves, but will definitely buy one again for our 15 y/o son on the Triumph. He can drink his weight in soda. :)

It was more than worth it for me. I'm not a huge alcohol drinker, so I gave them a run for their money on THAT deal. :D Last time we cruised (5/05) it was like $44 for the week.

This time I think we're stopping before heading to the pier for a couple 12 packs to have in the room. On th e Valor we had a fridge and enjoyed a few cold sodas at night, but this time with no fridge, we're bringing our own soda and small, soft-sided cooler.

DO NOT BUY THE CARD UNTIL YOU ARE OUT TO SEA! WAIT UNTIL THE SHIP OPENS ITS' TAX FREE SHOPS AND THEN BUY YOUR CARD. We bought one when we got aboard (for the first time) beacuse we saw the little booths everywhere. When we got to our cabin I looked at our account to make sure our Fun Ship credit was there and realized there was a 15% Miami tax on the Soda Card. .

I wqas not charged a tax when I got my card two weeks ago- but that was FLL not Miami. Do other people have this tax problem?

Do you get charged for a soda at dinner? I don't remember getting charged for a soda at dinner on my other cruises. What drinks are available for dinner that are not an entra charge (I do not drink soda and I do not drink wine, just Foo Foo's :D ). DS is 12 and does not drink a lot of soda. I don't think we will get the soda card. We will bring a couple of 6 packs. I will not carry one into dinner:o.

My friend just returned from her cruise and gave me her cards and said "here use these". I WILL NOT use them as we will bring out own on (must be CF Diet PEPSI).

But it got me to thinking - are all ships different?, do they change them each weeks? what stops frequent cruisers from buying a card and them reusing it each time they cruise? or passing them to friends? do they check the back of your card to see if your name is on it? she said hers was in a holder and she never took it out.

im not sure the exact price of the soda cards, the ones for kids are cheaper than the adult ones, but if you drink soda they are totally worth it. besides when your out by the pool you get thirsty and the sodas are kinda small. I know i drank my worth of 10 soda cards.

Do you get charged for a soda at dinner? I don't remember getting charged for a soda at dinner on my other cruises. What drinks are available for dinner that are not an entra charge (I do not drink soda and I do not drink wine, just Foo Foo's :D ). DS is 12 and does not drink a lot of soda. I don't think we will get the soda card. We will bring a couple of 6 packs. I will not carry one into dinner:o.

soda without a soda card will cost a few cents over 2.00 ($1.75 plus 15% gratuity for a can)

at the buffet you can find iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch to drink during the day. (breakfast you can find orange and apple juice)

in the dining room -- iced tea, choc milk, water.

Disney dont charge for soda- but Royal Caribbean did.

We did buy soda cards for 4 of us on one of our cruises, but I won't do it again unless you can't bring your own. Every time we'd go to a bar to use it, they seemed to want to help the people buying other drinks first.(weather you were first or not. I think it had to do with only getting a tip once from the drink card.) Also for us it's just as easy to bring our own 12 pack when boarding and then buying more at each port, if needed. I can't remember how much we paid for them.

:p

Ok i guess the only question i need

answered now is How much will it cost me to purchase it?

Disney does not charge for soft drinks. They have a soda fountain on deck 9 matbe it's10 that you can have anytime that you want it. There is also coffee and tea there also. Have a great cruise, ours was SUPER

:p Disney does not charge for soft drinks. They have a soda fountain on deck 9 matbe it's10 that you can have anytime that you want it. There is also coffee and tea there also. Have a great cruise, ours was SUPER

Just an FYI... she is on the Carnival board... asking about the soda card on a Carnival cruise...

Archived