Searching for Passengers left @ Port

cdnprincess

I was booked on Sensation Mar 1-4th and Bus was late and we missed ship. I am looking for the other passengers out there that were on the same bus. Are you there?

Were you on your own or with a ship's tour?

Were you on your own or with a ship's tour?

Sounds like someone took a private shore excursion.

I think I know where this thread is heading.

Arrived in Orlando and on Carnival's bus at 2:50. Arrived at Prt Canaveral at 4:10 and ship was leaving. The bus waited for passengers from Delta who arrived late making us arrive to port late. I am trying to contact other passengers on the same bus because I guess with all the confusion some info was misspelled or not taken.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Arrived in Orlando and on Carnival's bus at 2:50. Arrived at Prt Canaveral at 4:10 and ship was leaving. The bus waited for passengers from Delta who arrived late making us arrive to port late. I am trying to contact other passengers on the same bus because I guess with all the confusion some info was misspelled or not taken.

So what happened? Did you miss the entire cruise? Why didn't you get off the Carnival Bus and hop in a cab at say 3:15 or so?

I would not have waited for the Delta flight. I would have gotten a cab ride.:(

Sounds like someone took a private shore excursion.

I think I know where this thread is heading.

Please read my message posted above. We arrived at airport on time for 3:00 bus to Port. This was not an excursion. We never made the ship.

Please read my message posted above. We arrived at airport on time for 3:00 bus to Port. This was not an excursion. We never made the ship.

Wow, how awful! What happened from there? Did the bus just dump you at the port or take you back to the Orlando airport? How many were on the bus?

Please clarify:

Did you book your own air or did Carnival book it?

If you purchased your own air, did you purchase transfers through Carnival or just paid on the bus?

IMO - Trying to catch a 3pm bus from MCO to Port Canaveral for a 4pm sailing is crazy. It's almost 50 miles away. Even if the bus averages 60mph you'd barely make it there in time. On the other hand if Carnival set you up with the air, they should have held the ship for you.

You might want to go the Roll Call section of these boards under

ROLL CALL- Carnival

Select- Sensation

Then look for March 1st sailing. That will have folks from CC who were scheduled for this cruise. If none of them were on this bus, then I doubt you will find others on the general board.

Good luck!

We were to arrive at Orlando at 1:15 and arrived at 2:05. We got our baggage and arrived at the buses at 2:40. We were told by Carnival reps that the bus is still there and that they were waiting for us. (I believe the last bus was to leave at 2:00). We still had time, however as the bus left it circled and went to terminal B and p/u more passengers. I did not know we could take a cap (I have never been there before) We were assured that the bus was in contact with the ship and they were waiting for us. As we pulled up to the port at 4:10 the ship was pulling the ropes and we stood there while it left. There were 17 passengers stranded and Carnival will take no responsibility. I wish I had known about this site before, I would have done things differently including maybe even renting a car and parking it at the dock. Learned my lesson. Just wanted to know if the other passengers come to this site.

Please clarify:

Did you book your own air or did Carnival book it?

If you purchased your own air, did you purchase transfers through Carnival or just paid on the bus?

IMO - Trying to catch a 3pm bus from MCO to Port Canaveral for a 4pm sailing is crazy. It's almost 50 miles away. Even if the bus averages 60mph you'd barely make it there in time. On the other hand if Carnival set you up with the air, they should have held the ship for you.

Above he said he was on Carnival's bus.

He's looking for people that were on the same bus, not for everyone to ask questions and jump on the Carnival bandwagon.

We were to arrive at Orlando at 1:15 and arrived at 2:05. We got our baggage and arrived at the buses at 2:40. We were told by Carnival reps that the bus is still there and that they were waiting for us. (I believe the last bus was to leave at 2:00). We still had time, however as the bus left it circled and went to terminal B and p/u more passengers. I did not know we could take a cap (I have never been there before) We were assured that the bus was in contact with the ship and they were waiting for us. As we pulled up to the port at 4:10 the ship was pulling the ropes and we stood there while it left. There were 17 passengers stranded and Carnival will take no responsibility. I wish I had known about this site before, I would have done things differently including maybe even renting a car and parking it at the dock. Learned my lesson. Just wanted to know if the other passengers come to this site.

Okay, I understand how upset you are and it sounds like since Carnival reps were telling you the bus was waiting that you booked your air through Carnival? Right or Wrong? The bigger question you still have not answered is ..... did you catch up to the ship and how or what happened?

What an absolutely horrible thing to happen! I'm so sorry for you. I plan so much for my yearly cruise and I would have been heartbroken. I'm glad you've found the boards and you will learn so much here. Once of the first things being to ALWAYS fly/drive to the port the day before your cruise. We used to live in Florida and even then we would drive the day before and stay within spitting distance of the port. Worse case scenerio I would have walked to the port:D . My luck if I left the same day I would get into a 500 car pile up on the freeway. I hope you can get some help with this and please let us know what happens.

Above he said he was on Carnival's bus.

He's looking for people that were on the same bus, not for everyone to ask questions and jump on the Carnival bandwagon.

No one has jumped on any "bandwagon" :rolleyes: People were simply asking questions - the OP was not clear.

I was just searching for the other passengers that were with me.

I love this board and wish I had found it earlier. I want everyone to help me. I just assumed that my post from yesterday was read. (it was long because I was upset). If anyone who has been to prt Canaveral knows, you can see the ship from the distance. We were told that the ship was waiting for us and as we pulled up to the blg. the reps told us to stay on the bus because there is a problem, "the ropes were being pulled" and we saw security leaving. I did not book my flight through Carnival (another error I now know) and I never thought of taking a cab. I am not familiar with Orlando or the area, so I was not sure about what to do. We were told AA would fly us to Bahamas but it was just in time to get to the ship to come back. I paid for 3 days and not 1 so we did not accept. Had it been a 7 day cruise it would be acceptable but not for a long weekend and 1 port of call. It was also not guaranteed we could find a flight and make it in time either.

I I did not book my flight through Carnival (another error I now know) and I never thought of taking a cab. I am not familiar with Orlando or the area, so I was not sure about what to do.

...most experienced Carnival cruisers DO NOT book air through Carnival, but would know that flying in the day before is best. Arriving anytime after 1pm into MCO is a huge risk for making the ship. Sorry you did not do your research.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I have never flown in the day before either so don't feel too bad. Most people don't. However, I do book the first flight of the day that usually puts me into the city of embarkation well before 11:00 a.m. You have to give time for the unexpected.

It is unfortunate that the captain did not wait but, since you didn't book your flight with Carnival (I never do), I am not terribly surprised. I wonder how many other people have been left behind by just minutes?

Did you have ins?

Next time, and please let there be a next time, try for a flight that lands either the day before or no later than 10 or 11 a.m. the morning of departure.

Again, I am so sorry that this happened to you.

If he booked transfers with Carnival wouldn't they wait? Or do you have to book air in order to book transfers?

They can be booked independently you don't need to use their air to book transfers. It is really terrible that they didn't wait.

Archived