Searching for Passengers left @ Port

cdnprincess

Does not matter to carnival:

Carnival, in arranging for the services called for by the physician or nurse, all on board concessions, all shore excursion/tour tickets, all pre and post cruise airline flights or other transportation off of the ship and its tenders, does so only as a convenience for the Guest and Guests are free to use or not use these services. Guest agrees that Carnival assumes no responsibility, does not guarantee performance and in no event shall be liable for any negligent or intentional acts or omissions, loss, damage, injury or delay to Guest and/or Guest’s baggage, property or effects in connection with said services. Guests use the services of all independent contractors at the Guest’s sole risk. Independent contractors are entitled to make a proper charge for any service performed with respect to a Guest.

While this is great "cover your a$$" wording you would think that they would step up to the plate and "fix" this situation. I would think they could go back on Mears for not getting their clients to the ship on time.

We are just talking good customer service.

Who did cnprincess pay for the transfer...Mears or Carnival? :rolleyes:

did anyone read the thread on the Princess board about a month ago about the disaster wedding? They paid Princess for a wedding onboard the ship which was a disaster. The wedding people were subcontracted out. Princess' reply was to contact the subcontractors and take it up with them.

This woman was persistant and i think Princess finally made things right.

How can you subcontract things out and absolve yourself of all responsibilities??

The cruiselines should make things right with the injured party and they should take it up with the subcontractors.

Bill

I still don't understand why it is so hard to believe that the woman I spoke to, who introduced herself several times as a Carnival Supervisor,(and yes it is recorded in my brain!!) is not. This was an unusual situation, because we left the airport late. I am sure if we were not late there would be noone on the bus from Carnival. We had 4 people from Carnival, and the driver on the bus. Is this how many people are normally on? They were all taking our visa and passport info on the bus.

did anyone read the thread on the Princess board about a month ago about the disaster wedding? They paid Princess for a wedding onboard the ship which was a disaster. The wedding people were subcontracted out. Princess' reply was to contact the subcontractors and take it up with them.

This woman was persistant and i think Princess finally made things right.

How can you subcontract things out and absolve yourself of all responsibilities??

The cruiselines should make things right with the injured party and they should take it up with the subcontractors.

Bill

Yes, and....

There is another thread going on the RCCL board about a passenger that booked air through RCCL. When she got to the airport, they did not have a seat for her (or her family) and were bumped.

These three scenarios just goes to prove that passengers should not book anything through the cruise line, except for perhaps the cruise trip (I don't recommend that either.) We ought to put a "sticky" at the top of each cruise critic page warning people! lol

We had 4 people from Carnival, and the driver on the bus. Is this how many people are normally on? They were all taking our visa and passport info on the bus.

This reminds me of our first Disney cruise. We were at Disney World, and the reps checked us in for our cruise, before we even loaded buses to go to Port Canaveral. All we did when we arrived, was walk on the ship and receive our cards at the pursers.

It appears that Carnival feels it is a good thing to present everyone as one big Carnival family until there is a problem and then they back away from the entire situation. Lesson learned. Read the fine print and do not assume that just because one represents themselves as a Carnival employee, this is the case and do not assume what they are telling you has any authority.

Carol

Who did cnprincess pay for the transfer...Mears or Carnival? :rolleyes:

To be technical...Neither.

She had a TA that she probably handed the CC card to,who as a contractor for CCL effectuated her booking. As I asked before who did her air arrangements?

I also believe she declined somewhere in writing, the insurance.

Steve

It appears that Carnival feels it is a good thing to present everyone as one big Carnival family until there is a problem and then they back away from the entire situation. Lesson learned. Read the fine print and do not assume that just because one represents themselves as a Carnival employee, this is the case and do not assume what they are telling you has any authority.

Carol

Until there is a problem?

What do we purchase to protect ourselves against a potential problem?

Insurance.

Steve

Yes, and....

There is another thread going on the RCCL board about a passenger that booked air through RCCL. When she got to the airport, they did not have a seat for her (or her family) and were bumped.

These three scenarios just goes to prove that passengers should not book anything through the cruise line, except for perhaps the cruise trip (I don't recommend that either.) We ought to put a "sticky" at the top of each cruise critic page warning people! lol

This reminds me of our first Disney cruise. We were at Disney World, and the reps checked us in for our cruise, before we even loaded buses to go to Port Canaveral. All we did when we arrived, was walk on the ship and receive our cards at the pursers.

I was following the RCI thread too. The poster was "wintermom". Unfortunately the infighting started and the post was closed.:(

Bill

While this is great "cover your a$$" wording you would think that they would step up to the plate and "fix" this situation. I would think they could go back on Mears for not getting their clients to the ship on time.

We are just talking good customer service.

You are on the right track here.It is Mears who dropped the ball here.

This might be who the OP should go after.

Again,if she had insurance it would all be moot.

Steve

Until there is a problem?

What do we purchase to protect ourselves against a potential problem?

Insurance.

Steve

I always take the insurance, I just have a problem with how Carnival markets for a certain image and then walks away when there is any problem. This is not a slam against Carnival. Big business just comes across so uncaring anymore.

I also carry insurance but if I knew that I had some personal responsibility, I would follow up to make sure things were made right, even if it cost me, out of my own pocket book.

Because a contractor for CCL (Mears) rather then leave right then and there decided to grab a few more passengers and it resulted in the OP missing the boat.

You make it sound like Mears made this decision without any consultation with Carnival. It seems more likely to me that a Carnival employee was saying to the driver "Let's wait for the Delta passengers." But I have no way of knowing. If the Mears employee made the decision, the OP might have a cause of action against Mears but if Mears is making these boneheaded decisions, CCL should fire them. The fact that they don't says something about CCL and it is not good.

I still don't think a Carnival Employee should lie to passengers when they could still catch a taxi and I do believe such a lie might overcome the "fine print" if a passenger relies on that lie to their detriment.

Regardless if Carnival sub contracts or not, they really like to stress how you aren't covered for this or that unless you let Carnival be your middle man as in excursions, air and transports - they make money off the deal whether they touch the actual service or not - so ultimantely(sp) in my opinion they should be responsible.

Sure everything is great as long as no one complains but the minute they do Carnival (or any cruiseline for that matter) washes their hands of it. What a cop out! Where has customer service gone?

Regardless if Carnival sub contracts or not, they really like to stress how you aren't covered for this or that unless you let Carnival be your middle man as in excursions, air and transports - they make money off the deal whether they touch the actual service or not - so ultimantely(sp) in my opinion they should be responsible.

Sure everything is great as long as no one complains but the minute they do Carnival (or any cruiseline for that matter) washes their hands of it. What a cop out! Where has customer service gone?

I still can't seem to find all this fine print. I looked at the booklet Carnival gave me when I received my tickets and I also have looked on-line, but it just seems to be very basic. In my Welcome on Board booklet it says if there is an airline delay, to go back to the airline and have them fly you to your next port of call. If you need to stay in the city have them find you a hotel. I don't see anywhere where it says Carnival will re-imburse you. I had the basic medical insurance, but not the full coverage, because I did not think Carnival or Mears would sabatoge my 3 day trip.

I still can't seem to find all this fine print. I looked at the booklet Carnival gave me when I received my tickets and I also have looked on-line, but it just seems to be very basic. In my Welcome on Board booklet it says if there is an airline delay, to go back to the airline and have them fly you to your next port of call. If you need to stay in the city have them find you a hotel. I don't see anywhere where it says Carnival will re-imburse you. I had the basic medical insurance, but not the full coverage, because I did not think Carnival or Mears would sabatoge my 3 day trip.

It is your cruise ticket contract (not welcome aboard brochure) it is in the pages where you filled in your credit card number for your sail and sign.

Here is a link to the contract on their web:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

Carnival is responsible, NOT mears.

Because of everything that has been said here, I decided to write a letter to Mears as well. It sounds silly. I can't think of a single thing to blame them for. What do I say? A person wearing a Carnival uniform who is not an employee of Carnival, made the decision to wait? Apperently she lied and is really working for you because that is what is writen in the fine print. So pay up.

Yes I think that would go well at the Mears Head Office.

Carnival is responsible, NOT mears.

Not if their "legally binding" contract is held to be valid by a court, it does not matter who was in charge, even if Bob Dickinson himself was on the bus and was driving and made the decision to wait, they were not at the port at the required time and "per the contract" are owed nothing...

I disagree with this, but per the contract, Carnival is not responsible...

Because of everything that has been said here, I decided to write a letter to Mears as well. It sounds silly. I can't think of a single thing to blame them for. What do I say? A person wearing a Carnival uniform who is not an employee of Carnival, made the decision to wait? Apperently she lied and is really working for you because that is what is writen in the fine print. So pay up.

Yes I think that would go well at the Mears Head Office.

She may not have been a employee of either... but contracted with Carnival to "supervise" the loading and transfer to the airport. Even the doctors on board that wear Carnival officer uniforms, are called Carnival employees, are referred to as the "ships doctor" are NOT employed by Carnival, rather are contractors, same with the spa personnel, and almost all the entertainers...

Wow, this poor person came here for help. The Carnival transfer people said the ship was wiating. It's unfortunate that the ship did not wait, but why on earth make this sort of a comment? Yes, it is a risk arriving at that time...but lordy, have a little compasion instead of giving a smarmy answer!!! :(

Mr. Dood has been keeping me on my toes. I will never be an experienced cruiser anyway. First of all it is way too expensive. The air travel alone will kill me, but after my experience here I am not sure I can cruise without a lawyer present. I came here for a little support and to see what type of people are at Carnival and I got the 3rd degree. But mostly it was really supportive, and I still have not found anyone who was there!! It may look like I am lying too.:rolleyes:

Wow, this poor person came here for help. The Carnival transfer people said the ship was waiting for them. It's unfortunate that the ship did not wait, but why on earth make this sort of a comment? Yes, it is a risk arriving at that time...but lordy, have a little compassion instead of giving a smarmy answer!!! :(

...not sure what smarmy means:confused: it was an accurate and respectful response and it really is none of your business as I was writing to someone else and not you, you are not the "moral" police for posting, I did not see "host" by your name...:rolleyes:

I am on cdnprincess' side, I believe Carnival should pay up, I don't believe they will, but I have been corresponding just fine with the OP without your help... and no offence was meant or taken so lighten up...

She may not have been a employee of either... but contracted with Carnival to "supervise" the loading and transfer to the airport. Even the doctors on board that wear Carnival officer uniforms, are called Carnival employees, are referred to as the "ships doctor" are NOT employed by Carnival, rather are contractors, same with the spa personnel, and almost all the entertainers...

Are you trying to drive me crazy? Now she is not an employee of either. :confused:

Well the only way to make sure is to wait for their reply and then we will know for sure!!

Are you trying to drive me crazy? Now she is not an employee of either. :confused:

Well the only way to make sure is to wait for their reply and then we will know for sure!!

Not on purpose:eek: !!! Carnival has so many resources that are "on demand" like people that show up at the airport once or twice a week it is very cost effective for them to contract with a company that will do that for them rather than hire full time employees. The contracted company will usually work for several cruise lines, one day your mysterious supervisor will have a Carnival badge, the next day, maybe Princess or RCI...

I know it sucks, but that is the reality of their structure, minimize the fixed costs...

...not sure what smarmy means:confused: it was an accurate and respectful response and it really is none of your business as I was writing to someone else and not you, you are not the "moral" police for posting, I did not see "host" by your name...:rolleyes:

I am on cdnprincess' side, I believe Carnival should pay up, I don't believe they will, but I have been corresponding just fine with the OP without your help... and no offence was meant or taken so lighten up...

LOL...Gee, did you think I was talking about your posts? If you thought your post was respectful, why respond to mine?

Typical bully attitude. lol

Archived