Thrifty car rental Kona

Woobie22

We wanted to rent a car in Kona and had read on these boards to book with thrifty from the King Kam hotel. When booking at the website the only choice given was for "cruise ship pick up", this was at Kupipi street which appears to be the airport. So we called thrifty and they said that was the only place in Kona to rent. They said you go to the King Kam hotel and the representitive will meet you there to take the shuttle to the airport for pick up. Does anyone know if this is the best way or are we being misinformed. Thanks for all the help.

We wanted to rent a car in Kona and had read on these boards to book with thrifty from the King Kam hotel. When booking at the website the only choice given was for "cruise ship pick up", this was at Kupipi street which appears to be the airport. So we called thrifty and they said that was the only place in Kona to rent. They said you go to the King Kam hotel and the representitive will meet you there to take the shuttle to the airport for pick up. Does anyone know if this is the best way or are we being misinformed. Thanks for all the help.

I called Thrifty the other day about this, and was told the Cruise Ship pickup location IS the King K hotel location. I was confused since the addresses don't match, but she repeatedly stated they were one and the same.

Hopefully past cruisers will confirm this to be the case!

Thanks Preds, this is the same problem that we are having. Yet my email confirmation gives directions to the King Kam hotel to "meet the representative". But when we called they told us there was only one location at the airport so hopefully what they told you is correct. I will probably call again and see what a different person has to say. If anyone else has done this please let me know. Thanks.

We rented from Thrifty last fall. After the tenders got us to shore, we walked over to the King K hotel. At that time, Thrifty (Location Code is K53 for King K Hotel) and Dollar shared the space, with Thrifty Blue Chip members receiving the quickest service !

GoldieAZ

We rented from Thrifty last fall. After the tenders got us to shore, we walked over to the King K hotel. At that time, Thrifty (Location Code is K53 for King K Hotel) and Dollar shared the space, with Thrifty Blue Chip members receiving the quickest service !

GoldieAZ

Perfect! Thanks. K53 is the "Cruise Ship Pickup" location code on the Thrifty website. For whatever reason, the address isn't the same as the King K hotel, which is why we had anxiety!

Last month Thrifty and Dollar were sharing the same space and same representative at the King Kam. We couldn't find the Thrifty site on line so booked with Dollar and were very pleased. We heard Thrifty was less expensive, but Dollar was less than $41 for an intermediate (plus gas). As I mentioned on another thread, do book ahead, because there were no cars left for walk-ups. Nancy

Archived