Aft cabins on Mariner

Last year we had a aft cabin on the Jewel. When one became availabe for our next cruise on the Mariner, I was delighted. So I changed our room. But after seeing pictures of it I was disappointed.

It was on the 6th floor-corner aft. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? There is a covered area between the balcony and the end of the ship. Well we since have switched to a promenade room but I would be curious if I made a mistake by cancelling? Thanks.

No you did not make a mistake. We had cabin 6388 and hated it, might as well take the promenade at least you can see people.I love my balcony but not that one, just because it was large didn't cut it.

No you did not make a mistake. We had cabin 6388 and hated it, might as well take the promenade at least you can see people.I love my balcony but not that one, just because it was large didn't cut it.

teajak, which ship was this on? I just booked 6388 on Adventure and you have me worried.

We had 7388 and 7688 on Mariner. I loved the size of the balcony but would not choose the aft on a Voyager class again. The structure of the stern was just too far to the oceanview. The only saving point was that on the 7th deck there is a nice big round hole for a side balcony.

Those in the middle rooms on the aft had a huge flay gray deck to look at which is a ceiling to the crew area on 5. Not the best situation.

We just returned from the 2/11 Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean....had aft cabins 8390 and 8392. Cabin 8390 was a corner aft and 8392 right next door. I gave the corner aft to my mom and daughter as I thought I was giving them a real treat!!! But, as it turns out cabin 8392 was much nicer.

Cabin 8390 seemed a tad smaller than 8392, had a door as opposed to the wonderful sliding door in 8392 and I personally thought the baloney was smaller than 8392's baloney. Besides, I thought the baloney on 8390 was odd due to it's shape and, if you can believe this...kind of castrophic! I would book another aft but not the corner aft. Acutally I think I might go for a hump cabin next time!

My wife and I also were in 6388, here's a picture from our balcony:

aft6388.jpg

We recently got back from a cruise on Jewel, our Aft cabin balcony was 100% better than on Navigator.

This picture show one of the reasons we hated this cabin.What good is a large balcony if all you can see is grey deck?

BRN2CRZ- Sorry to butt in, but I searched the forums and found you stayed in Mariner #8262. No other way to contact you... Any insight ? We have adjoining #8260/8262 in October.

Thanks

David:D

Sorry..Not in 8282...in 6688 on Mariner.

ps...this is also a pic from 6688 :)

http://community.webshots.com/inlinePhoto?photoId=2888940600059705010&src=c&referPage=http%3a%2f%2ftravel.webshots.com%2fphoto%2f2888940600059705010bDMyto

My wife and I also were in 6388, here's a picture from our balcony:

We recently got back from a cruise on Jewel, our Aft cabin balcony was 100% better than on Navigator.

That is a horrible view. We are in 1390 on the Navigator. I hope we can see the water! :eek:

Here is a link to my Voyager-class aft photo gallery. See for yourself. The higher up you go, the less obstruction there is to view. I've sailed in 1688 several times and it is my all time favorite cabin/balcony, followed very closely by 1690! Any cabin on deck 10 aft is really good. The corner cabins and next cabins over on decks 9 and 8 are really pretty good too. The corner cabins on deck 7 have the largest balconies on the ship and do have a nice view out the side of the balconies. So, while none of them are "perfect" many of them are pretty darned nice! Even the worst of the bunch would be preferable to an inside or ocean view cabin in my book.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=0

Archived