2 nts in Alexandria versus 1 nt in Alexandria + 1 nt in Port Said?

Shystermom

I am beginning to look at cruises on major lines, such as Princess and Norwegian that have Egypt stops. Want to see the pyramids. Is is better to book something like the NCL Jewel with 2 nights in Alexandria so I can take the overnight shore excursion or one of the itineraries that have 1 night in Alexandria and 1 night in Port Said? Thanks for all replies in advance!

We did an overnight stay in Cairo while on a trip that stopped for a day in Alexandria and moved that night to Port Said for the next day. Because Alexandria and Port Said are very similar distance wise from Cairo you could easily do an overnight on this itinerary. Both would work for you.

Most of the ships seems to favor staying in the area near Cairo long enough to give people who want to overnight a chance to do so.

Hope this helps. It is a wonderful experience.

If you want to stay overnight, either itinerary--1 night Port Said, 1 night Alexandria or 2 nights Alexandria--will work for you. If you just want to see that Pyramids, you really don't need an overnight, just a cruise that stops at either Alexandria or Port Said. Decide what you want, then cast the widest possible net to zero in on your idea cruise choose.

Thanks. The Star Princess has the 1 night Port Said 1 night Alexandria and the Norwegian Jewel has 2 nights Alexandria. I've only ever cruise w/Celebrity, Disney and Royal Caribbean.

I'll be on the Star in November. I did the same itinerary on the Golden last year and it was absolutely fantastic. If you 're interested in seeing the Pyramids and the Archeological Museum in Cairo you may be interested in joining our overnight over on the roll call for that cruise at a huge savings from the ship sponsored cruise. Whatever you decide to do, you can plan your own shore excursion by contacting Nile Blue Tours. The manager there is Hazem Abbas and he will definitely take good care of you. The prices are so low in Egypt and you can get a private car for little more than a bus tour. Hazem's email is manager@nilebluetours.com.

Vicki

Archived