Hotel in Seattle

christianmom5

Greetings! We will be flying in Seattle the morning before our departure, and look forward to spending the day enjoying the sights of Seattle. We've found good offers at a couple of hotels, but know nothing about the Seattle area. Two are in the Bellevue area, which is not the downtown Seattle area, but, if we got a good deal, would it be worth the price of a taxi ride? The two hotels in downtown Seattle are the Edgewater and the Sorrento. Are there any comments about either of these hotels? Or suggestions? Ideally, we would like to find a hotel with a free shuttle either to/from the airport or to/from the cruise terminal possibly, and a free breakfast would be great. If it was close to the Seattle Center, that would be a plus also. We thought about trying Priceline, but I know that once you bid, you can't change your mind? Has anyone had luck with that? Thanks for your suggestions!:)

don't know the hotels. stay once at a place near I-5. have family in the area now. BUT i have never been there without traffic being a problem. i vote to stay near downtown, if you are close enough..walking is a good way to go in that area. the market area is lots of fun. i still have not gone up the needle, always get tied up in othe places.

next trip up there i am doing a ocra watch, even if i have to go by myself.

Christianmom5:

The Sorrento Hotel is very nice, and a personal favorite of mine. It offers a number of amenities. The Edgewater is right at Pier 66, the departure point for Norwegian and Celebrity. I have never stayed there; but it's a well-known landmark.

You might also want to consider the Silver Cloud Inn, Lake Union It offers a complimentary continental breakfast and a free shuttle to downtown. (Lake Union is just immediately north of downtown Seattle). I don't know if it offers a shuttle to the airport. The Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac) is about a 25 minute taxi ride to downtown.

Or you could try the Hampton Inn Suites. It has a good location, close to Seattle Center, home of the Space Needle.

All the major hotel and motel chains are to be found in Seattle. Here is a link to the Port of Seattle Cruise Page, for additional information.

I wouldn't stay in Bellevue, if you're only in town for a day. You'll spend too much time schlepping back and forth. Bellevue is an upscale suburban community across Lake Washington from Seattle.

Have fun in the "Emerald City"!

We just booked a room at the Warwick for $120 a night in June using our Entertainment Book discount. Seems like a nice place and close to everything. No free breakfast, but that's a big issue for us, as we are the coffee and bagel type, so breakfast won't set us back more than $10 or so. They also offer a shuttle to various places, but not sure exactly where.

I have been attempting Priceline almost daily trying to stay under $100 a night if possible at 3* or better. Try www.biddingfortravel.com for help at bidding. They also list the hotels for each rating catagory that Priceline has been using so you can get an idea of what you might get. I used them to book a 3.5* hotel in Toronto a couple of years back. Got a room for $35 US smack in the middle of the summer tourist season right downtown (Marriot) and it was great.

Finally found a good hotel at a decent rate! Got a Saturday night for two beds at Homewood Suites Seattle Downtown (part of the Hilton chain) for $125.00 plus tax in May. They have full kitchens, free breakfast and walking distance to everything (2 miles to Pike Place but alot closer to the trolley that takes you there also). I have stayed a couple of these around the country and they are nice. I'm going to continue to try PL for a 3 star+ downtown for under $100 but as they only let you change bids every 24 hours I may just keep this.

Archived