OH NO! I can't decide...

skittl1321

I am booked on the Spirit 8 day to the Mexican Riveria on January 1, 2008. I am so excited about this vacation its not even funny. I am obsessed over this cruise. So obsessed, I spend all my time either here or at carnival.com.

I should have left well enough alone.

I kept browsing.

I had originally cast off the Carribbean because my husband is very much the kind of person who will not get excited about something, even if it is exciting, if it is overdone. So the Bahamas, etc were out.

I had no idea what "western carribbean" iteneraries were. I imagined Cozomel (see above). And now I looked.

Carnival Miracle has an 8 day cruise January 2 that stops in Costa Rica, Panama, and Belize.

Should I stick with the cruise I originally booked? I checked with my PVP and the Miracle would cost us about $30 more per person. I know there are safety issues with that iternerary, but so many people do it safely. I have only ever been out of the country to Germany- this would allow me to see 3 countries instead of 1 on spirit. But I wouldn't see the Pacific- which I've also never seen.

Should I save Panama for a trip where we could go across the canal? Pretty much anything exotic is going to be "once in a lifetime" so I probably won't be able to go back.

I'm still super excited about Mexico- especially Zihau, but now I can't decide.

Please help!

(Note: We are semi-active, plan to kayak and snorkel, but I also want some history of the area at one of the ports. I'm unsure if I can canopy tour due to an injury a long time ago, and I can't whitewater raft. We like beaches, but my idea of a great day isn't laying on one!)

I can't decide!

I do not care for the Mexican riviera cruises so i thought i would never say this But, stick with the cruise you have, the ports on the Miracle are not that great in my own opinion.

If you want to really go to the Caribbean, you may want to check out the 8 day Libery itenerary.

I love the Pacific towns of mexico, and the one on the Caribbean also! If you want the best first cruise, I give my 2 cents. I assume this is your first. I would do some version of a TYPICAL Western cruise. That maens not Panama and Costa Rica. For your first trip, Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica are better. Each gives you a different looking country and people. It is the way to start. The Spirit tour you picked is cool, but the stops are much more similar than the ones I suggest.

Archived