New Orleans Hwys and Roads

kthill

This is probably a silly question but I promised I would ask...

We will be driving into NOLA on Highway 55 and 10. Our hotel on Toulouse and Bourbon Streets in the French Quarter. We are taking my son's friend and his parents want to be sure that the roads are all open. (We were assuming they are.)

Can anyone tell us please?

Would anyone know the best exit to take from Hwy 10 to get to the French Quarter?

Thank you

This is probably a silly question but I promised I would ask...

We will be driving into NOLA on Highway 55 and 10. Our hotel on Toulouse and Bourbon Streets in the French Quarter. We are taking my son's friend and his parents want to be sure that the roads are all open. (We were assuming they are.)

Can anyone tell us please?

Would anyone know the best exit to take from Hwy 10 to get to the French Quarter?

Thank you

Yes, the roads are open. Use mapquest.com to get exact directions to your hotel. I wouldn't want to tell you the wrong exit. Have a great cruise!

All roads are open at this time (but with construction that could change <G>). If you stay on I-10 at the I-10/90 split (right as you get downtown) and stay in the right hand lane the first exit after the curve is Vieux Carre - that's the one you want.

Better directions.

1. Take I-10 to New Orleans, exit 235A, "Orleans Avenue/Vieux Carre".

2. Proceed on Orleans Avenue. Move into your left lane.

3. Proceed 2 blocks on Orleans Avenue. Make a left U-Turn at sign "N. Rampart via Toulouse St."

4. Veer Right for 1 block to Rampart St. (stoplight)

5. At light go straight and you will be on Toulouse St. and in the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is 3 or 4 blocks ahead.

Hey map70065 you seem to give good directions

sooooooooooo can you give me directions to the Maison St. Charles?

We will be coming in from the north (Ohio).

Thanks,

tinyrose

I imagine you'll be coming in through Slidell. If that's the case:

1. Take I – 10 West toward New Orleans – about 30 miles between Slidell & New Orleans (through New Orleans East and Gentilly, which was heavily flooded)

2. Exit (#234) LEFT onto US 90 West – Business (headed toward the Westbank). (This is after Elysian Fields, Esplanade, and Canal Street.) Actually the road goes from a 3 lane (I think) into two 2-lanes – two lanes exit RIGHT onto I-10 West and 2 (or 3 – can’t really remember exactly) go left onto US 90 West. You don't want to be in the extreme left lane, in fact you want to be in the right lane as soon as you get onto US 90 West Business.

3. Exit RIGHT at the Carondelet/St. Charles Exit. This is the first exit once you’re on US 90 West Business. You want to be in the right hand lane.

4. The first street (light) is Carondelet St. You want to cross it and continue to the next light, which is St. Charles.

5. Turn RIGHT onto St. Charles – Maison St. Charles is 2 or 3 blocks ahead on the RIGHT.

Archived