***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Hi Arlene,

Sorry to hear your embarkation was horrendous - so was our disembarkation this morning. We had requested 8am disembarkation and our tags were not called till 0850 - I had my father & daughter there to pick us up (and a remise driver for some friends) - had told them 9 am, so it was closer to 10 when we met up with them. Even thoughwe had put all our bags out together, they were in the terminal in 3 different lots: one waiting for us, the other arrived whilst we were there and then waited ages for the last one. No fun. I would hate to think what it was like 24 days ago with 6 cruise ships in port. You should hear my father bitch about the parking!!!

Hardly any penguins at Gypsy Cove, but tons at Sparrow Cove. If you need a driver try gmcheek@horizon.co.fk - He can take up to 4 pax - USD75 for 2 hrs. Rotterdam and a smaller cruise ship will be in Stanley on the same day.

Listen & dance to Maurizio (usually in the Atrium)- he is fantastic, so is the harpist S. Dominguez, she is very talented.

Good luck. Bon voyage. look forward to hearing about your trip.

Hi Arlene. . .glad to hear you are safely on board. Let us know about your adventures in BA. Also who the captain is. Is it still Captain Calabrese?

Captain David Calebrese disembarked on teh evening of Feb 11th and we now have Captain Bob Oliver...a great guy and funny too!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Arlene are you going on the wine tasting trip in Montevideo. If so is Tony going. Be sure and try the grappa sp? . :D :D :D aka jet fuel

Kim

There will be no "Jet Fuel" today in Montevideo...perhaps some "Medio y Medio" which is like a sweet tasting Champagne.

We are going to go to the "Palenque" the local market area across from teh ship for lunch and drinks...or many drinks and a little lunch!;)

Tony

So happy "we"cruising againg. Looking forward to following your journey. Have a wonderful cruise and safe travels:o .

Maxine

Thanks Maxine....last night was pretty chaotic onboard until approx 8:20pm when we left the port of Buenos Aires. Our luggage did not get delivered until 10:00pm last night and imagine that I had to go into the Dinning Room in shorts!...I could hear the silent gasps as I walked in from the "Traditionalists"!

Tony

Can you tell me if the new bedding has been put in the Caribe Deck balcony cabins? Love reading your live posts! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Yes Bucky3...the ship has the new linens in all cabins as of this voyage!;)

Tony

Hi Arlene and the sleeping Tony...although I hope he's up by now......when embarkation is so rough...it can only go smoother!

Am looking forward to hearing all about your adventure!!

Joyce :D

I had a little cat nap yesterday late afternoon.....not talking hours here!

Tony

Hi Arlene

It will interesting to see how long this thread exists. We were to have been on this cruise also, but had to cancel, as you may recall.

Tell Tony to give an extra blast on the whistle (horn) if he gets the chance.

Bon voyage.

You Michael on the last voyage #5704 on Feb 12th I was up on the Bridge on teh last port (Puerto Montt) and totally forgot to ask to blown the Horn!

This time if I go back up there I will remember to ask....

Tony

Hi Arlene!

I guess they haven't sorted the mess at the terminal... we had a horrible boarding on Feb.12 too...

Did you enjoy BA? Which tango show did you end up at?

Wishing you a marvelous time!!

Tony:

I guess we missed each other on your last leg before returning to MOntreal - you really chose your time to get back home... god it was cold!! I hope your return from Valparaiso went well!!

Have fun on this one!!

MC

Marie-Claude....what great weqather to come back home to for 9 days!....can't believe how cold and how much snow we got in Montreal...sorry our paths didn't cross last time!

Tony

Well back to the old routine of getting up really early...like 6:00am early as the clocks went one hour forward last night on the ship.

We are scheduled to arrive in Montevideo in 45 minutes time, however logistically today here will be a nightmare with President Bushs' schedule visit and 600 secret service men on the ground and many streets being closed off.

Last night was pretty uneventfull for us on the ship as we went into the Dinning Room at 8:45pm and had a quick dinner. We had a nice plate of standing order cheese with Granno Padano, Asiago and Blue Cheese and Kalamata Olives, followed by the Spring Rolls and an extra thick cut of Prime Rib and a nice bottle of Santa Marguerita, Pinot Grigio with no dessert and it was off to bed and watched some TV (actually Blade 2 on TNT) until 12 midnight.

This morning thus far it is pretty quiet on the ship and the Internet Cafe is empty. We are hoping for a sunny day and a high of 78F in Montevideo today but the skies look to be overcast currently.

The ship is sailing compeltely full and I waiting to hear back from a possible upgrade should anyone had fail to embark or cancel late yesterday.

More to follow from the Golden Princess in Montevideo, Uruguay.

Tony

See, I told you he would surface. Tony and I are on different time schedules. Obviously. :) It is now almost 8:00; breakfast for me is over. Today is an egg day in case anyone needs to know. :D I left Milt up at the Lido while I raced here to say good morning to you all.

To backtrack a bit and answer the questions, we stayed at the Marriott for two nights. Very nice and very old hotel. As I previously mentioned (I think) Marriott upgraded us to a suite which was wonderful and also gave us concierge/executive privileges. The Marrriott is located in a great area adjacent to Florida St., the pedestrian walkway area.

Perhaps we didn't care much for the tango show because we like productions and this one was very unprofessional. The female singer was awful and the "orchestra" was out of sync many many times. I'm an accordionist and the guy they raved about kept making so many mistakes, that you could see me cringing each time. Since we do local theater perhaps we are somewhat more critical than others.

It was an experience though, and I'm glad we went.

Since Tony isn't drinking the jet fuel today, maybe I'll try the stuff. We are doing an all day Montevideo tour to wherever it takes us. This was planned by one of our roll call people; 8 of us going. Will let you know after the fact.

Bedding/linen wonderful. Towels very thick. Comforter cozy. Didn't take my comforter and don't need it.

PSD is making an announcement now. Arrival time into Montevideo has been delayed at least one hour because of our late departure last night. Pres. Bush' arrival into Montevideo today will probably generate some demonstrations; Princess will try to keep all tours out of area. Advice to passengers to take taxis and keep away from Plaza of Independence.

Internet cafe is pretty empty now; sure this will change. Access pretty quick; hope it stays that way.

Arlene

Sounds as though you guys are finally off to a great start. Have a wonderful time in Montevideo today.

Arlene, we do local theatre too and know what you mean. Sometimes, it would be lovely to just walk into a theatre and enjoy the show, but we notice everything! A couple of weeks back, DD and I saw national tour of Wicked -- about 15 minutes before the scheduled start, I noticed a "techie" on the stage apron looking up to the catwallk area.....I commented "uh, oh -- that can't be good". Sure enough -- the show started 25 minutes late and no one flew - LOL.

Wishing you all sunny skies and smooth seas --

Good Morning Arlene, Milt and Tony,

I guess with the 3 hrs. difference in time, we will be a little behind in keeping up with you in the mornings. LOL

Tony, glad you have finally joined in. Kinda tough to have such a late dinner and then off to bed. Must be tough for an early riser like you.:rolleyes:

Arlene, since you didn't go to the Welcome Aboard show, what other entertainment was there on board for the first night? I guess when we next check in, you will have had your tour and we can have our virtual one with you.:D

Arlene and Tony, thanks for letting us cruise along with you.

Mary

Arlene and Tony, thank you for taking us on another wonderful adventure. I am looking forward to your postings, as they give me "experiences" I would not have otherwise. Safe voyage and again, thank you.

Lynn

Archived