***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Yes some news....Apparently the "Puzzle Palace" will be implementing this new "Super Duper Elite" level by mid to end of year this year...let's see what they add to the list of perks?

Look sister, I really don't want to even try and top you and John in the "Drinking Olympics".

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Hi Tony, any idea how many cruises/days it will take to qualify for the "SDL?" If not, what would be your best guess?:cool:

Hi Tony and Arlene..

So happy you're back Tony! We just returned from Santa Fe, NM to visit our 21 month old granddaughter and found your "Live from..." thread. Thanks to both of you. Hope you have decent weather for the Falklands... do you plan to see the penguins?

So, the powers that be are going to introduce a "Super duper Elite" level. Wonder how many days/cruises will be required. Here's hoping 324 days will do it. We sail on the 19 day Panama Canal, Sept. 20th... keeping my fingers crossed that it's implemented before we go.

Enjoy the cruise... wish we were there!

Sandy

Hope Milt feels better today and dare I ask what????

How are the seas this morning?? Any plans for the 2 days at sea besides relaxing?? Anything different posted in the patters???

Milt's malaise (more than that actually) is due to italian ham (like carpaccio, only different) and probably pizza. He still hasn't eaten much but does feel better this afternoon.

Went to trivia; lost. Patters same as usual. Weather has cleared, but very windy.

Arlene

Hi Tony and Arlene..

So, the powers that be are going to introduce a "Super duper Elite" level. Wonder how many days/cruises will be required. Here's hoping 324 days will do it. We sail on the 19 day Panama Canal, Sept. 20th... keeping my fingers crossed that it's implemented before we go.

Sandy

My uneducated guess would be 300+ for the next level. Logically if they instituted Elite at 150, the next logical step would be 300. However, since when did logic win out? :) 324 is quite respectable Sandy. We're almost there too.

Arlene

Arlene, will your time be the same for a while? We will be going one hour ahead tonight so those of us in the east will only be 2 hours behind yours then.

Hope Milt feels better so he can enjoy the cruise and help your team win in trivia.;)

Mary

Milt's malaise (more than that actually) is due to italian ham (like carpaccio, only different) and probably pizza. He still hasn't eaten much but does feel better this afternoon.

Went to trivia; lost. Patters same as usual. Weather has cleared, but very windy.

Arlene

Lucky for me I don't eat ham and glad you don't either hence you are fine:D

How was Trivia???

Webcam shows a wonderful sunny day - wish you all lots of those with calm seas and light breezes:D

I have been looking at the Navy's Meteorology and Oceanography site to see what kind of Wave activity you might have going around the Horn. When is it that you are actually going to go around the Horn? There is some significant activity coming up in the next few days. Forewarned is forearmed.

It will be a while before Wally and I hit the magic number for Super Duper Elite, no matter where it's set. I'm sure it will be in the 3 hundreds and I'm still in the high 1 hundreds. Although, if we cruise as much as some of our friends we should be there in no time:) .

Tony. . . any idea why Princess will not be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale after April 2008?

We board the Golden in SF in April. I'm delighted to here that the new linens are also on the Carib balony cabins. I do ahve a question though. Are there new mattresses? Do we need to order an egg crate foam pad?

Thanks for info. Hope you all continue ot enjoy the Golden.

.........I tasted 2 out of the 5 wines. And.........the infamous GRAPPA! Tony has mentioned this several times. The only way I can describe this is that it's a clear liquid; looks like water. Icy cold. The first sip goes down and burns. It's a rude awakening. The 2nd sip burns a little less. The 3rd sip doesn't really burn. The 4th sip you don't notice. And, by the 5th sip.........you don't care! :eek:

Arlene

Tony, so glad you're back and posting again!

Arlene, that is absolutely, positively the best and most accurate description of GRAPPA that I have ever heard!!!!! Can I quote you? ;)

Vicki

Tony, Arlene, Bill,

It's awful quiet from you three on a Sea day, it's 8:30 PM there now.:(

We are all waiting for the Show to begin, this is Our Weekend & you are at Sea for 2 days.

How much Trivia, wine tasting, & reading & office, can you do?:D :eek: :D

(I know it is Formal nite, but that doesn't take up the whole day)

Are you guys having Satellite problems?:confused:

Bill(MTA)

Hi All...........

Terminal was a zoo, but WE MADE IT!

That was exactly the condition on the previous Golden Princess cruise out of B.A. that we were on. BTW: I heard that the penguins that we saw on our Golden Princess cruise have nearly all left now since the Argentine/Chile summer is now over and the kids have gone back to school. BTW: Daytime Saving Time starts in the morning.

wow, i've been away from c.c. for a little while. thought i'd look in today and what a wonderful surprise. not only tony but arlene/milt and "jot world" as well. guess c.c. will once again become my favorite site. really did miss traveling vicariously with tony. was looking forward to antarctica live from and then that didn't happen so was more than a little disappointed. so all, what did you like particularly about b.a. and then montevedeo? was it a zoo with the bush thing going on and could you tell how the people were receptive to his visit?

looking forwardward to all of your postings. have a really wonderful cruise. clare :) :) :)

Summer 2008, Crown Princess will be doing European cruises and the Caribbean Princess will take its place and sail out of NYC.:cool:

ok, thanks...but the cactusrose post suggests that they are moving out permanently.....I guess that that is not the case, but only for the summer season.

Princess out of NYC would mean no flights (thumbs up)!! I would like that.

Thank you all for answering my question regarding doing muster twice for a B2B...now I'll know for when I do one...on the same ship....

Another question...technical stop....is that the same sort of stop as when the ships stop in Ensenada, Mexico for an hour on their way back to San Diego from Hawaii?

Thanks again.

Enjoy formal night....was there lobster on the menu?

Joyce :D

Princess out of NYC would mean no flights (thumbs up)!! I would like that.

Thank you all for answering my question regarding doing muster twice for a B2B...now I'll know for when I do one...on the same ship....

Another question...technical stop....is that the same sort of stop as when the ships stop in Ensenada, Mexico for an hour on their way back to San Diego from Hawaii?

Thanks again.

Enjoy formal night....was there lobster on the menu?

Joyce :D

Yes to satisfy the Jones Act requirements:D :D

Archived